    for this purpose.

    Thanks for any assistance,

    Mary
    ECLiPSE 2002, Apr 7, 2004

  2. ECLiPSE 2002

    Unknown Guest

    It's included on WinXP HE. What is your problem?

    Unknown, Apr 7, 2004

  3. ECLiPSE 2002

    Tommy Guest

    ECLiPSE 2002 wrote:
    > Earlier versions of Windows came with a phone dialer program but it
    > appears that Microsoft discontinued it on Windows XP home edition.
    >
    > Does anyone know of a freeware or shareware application that I can use
    > for this purpose.
    >
    > Thanks for any assistance,
    >
    > Mary

    Go to networks, and just create a "new connection" it will ask you what
    type, and you can select 'dialup", DUN doensn't show in xp in "my computer".
    --
    Tommy McClure
    tommyATlee9_2000(removethis)ATyahooATcom
    Tommy, Apr 7, 2004
  4. ECLiPSE 2002

    John Holmes Guest

    Tommy came up with this:

    > ECLiPSE 2002 wrote:
    >> Earlier versions of Windows came with a phone dialer program but it
    >> appears that Microsoft discontinued it on Windows XP home edition.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know of a freeware or shareware application that I can
    >> use for this purpose.
    >>
    >> Thanks for any assistance,
    >>
    >> Mary

    > Go to networks, and just create a "new connection" it will ask you
    > what type, and you can select 'dialup", DUN doensn't show in xp in "my
    > computer".

    Go here:
    www.tinyurl.com/7sea
    The OP wasn't asking for a DUN.

    --
    -John Holmes-
    John Holmes, Apr 7, 2004
  5. ECLiPSE 2002

    John Holmes Guest

    ECLiPSE 2002 came up with this:

    > Earlier versions of Windows came with a phone dialer program but it
    > appears that Microsoft discontinued it on Windows XP home edition.
    >
    > Does anyone know of a freeware or shareware application that I can use
    > for this purpose.
    >
    > Thanks for any assistance,
    >
    > Mary

    start>run>dialer

    --
    -John Holmes-
    John Holmes, Apr 7, 2004
  6. ECLiPSE 2002

    Mary Guest

    I think you mean one that you can use as a speakerphone on your computer?
    There is one, but you need to have a voice enabled modem. When I first got
    XP, I was looking for one as well, and found one under WinNT, but you can't
    use it with a mic & speakers, like a speakerphone. There are other programs,
    but I haven't found a good one yet. I had a good one with Win98, but it's
    not compatible with XP. If you find one, let me know. Thanks.
    Hope this helps.
    --
    Mary, too

    Mary, Apr 7, 2004
  7. ECLiPSE 2002

    ECLiPSE 2002 Guest

    Many thanks to all responders - I'm somewhat embarassed that I could
    not find the phone dialer on XP HE without help.

    On my Win 98se it was quite easy to find in
    Programs>Accessories>Communication as I recall. Not nearly as obvious
    in XP. Did find it and it was able to get it working for speed dialing
    which is all I want at present.

    Would like to be able to place the dialer application on the desk top
    but haven't been able to so far.

    Anyone have a suggestion/

    Mary
    ECLiPSE 2002, Apr 8, 2004
  8. ECLiPSE 2002

    Mary Guest

    You have to right click on the phone dialer icon & click on 'send to'
    Shortcut to Desktop. Hope that helps what you're trying to do.
    Mary, too

    Mary, Apr 8, 2004
  9. ECLiPSE 2002

    Sharon F Guest

    On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 12:07:09 -0400, ECLiPSE 2002 wrote:

    > Earlier versions of Windows came with a phone dialer program but it
    > appears that Microsoft discontinued it on Windows XP home edition.
    >
    > Does anyone know of a freeware or shareware application that I can use
    > for this purpose.
    >
    > Thanks for any assistance,
    >
    > Mary

    Try start> run> and type in dialer
    Click OK

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User
    Sharon F, Apr 8, 2004
  10. ECLiPSE 2002

    mastermesh Guest

    There's a new one out... it's in beta now, i.e. it's free for now... it's
    called Skype... do a google search for it... suppossed to sound better than
    msn messanger, netphone and a few others since it uses a special form of p2p
    connection

    Get a Free Paypal account So that you can accept Credit Card Payments
    Online!

    https://www.paypal.com/mrb/pal=V4D6RBH32S34S

    "Mary" <> wrote in message
    > I think you mean one that you can use as a speakerphone on your computer?
    > There is one, but you need to have a voice enabled modem. When I first got
    > XP, I was looking for one as well, and found one under WinNT, but you

    can't
    > use it with a mic & speakers, like a speakerphone. There are other

    programs,
    > but I haven't found a good one yet. I had a good one with Win98, but it's
    > not compatible with XP. If you find one, let me know. Thanks.
    > Hope this helps.
    > --
    > Mary, too
    >
    > "ECLiPSE 2002" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Earlier versions of Windows came with a phone dialer program but it
    > > appears that Microsoft discontinued it on Windows XP home edition.
    > >
    > > Does anyone know of a freeware or shareware application that I can use
    > > for this purpose.
    > >
    > > Thanks for any assistance,
    > >
    > > Mary

    ---
    mastermesh, Apr 8, 2004
  11. ECLiPSE 2002

    ECLiPSE 2002 Guest

    Thanks for you help, Mary; however I don't have a phone dialer icon
    that I can find anywhere. The only way I can reach the phone dialer
    application is via the Start>Run and enter dialer in the typing field.
    I have searched for the dialer or phone dialer executable on my C
    drive without success. So am unable to create a desktop shortcut.

    How did you initally create an icon for the phone dialer?

    Mary

    ECLiPSE 2002, Apr 9, 2004
  12. ECLiPSE 2002

    Mary Guest

    I was browsing through my folders and came upon one called WinNT and the
    dialer was in there. I right clicked on it & sent a shortcut to the desktop.
    --
    Mary, too

    > Thanks for you help, Mary; however I don't have a phone dialer icon
    > that I can find anywhere. The only way I can reach the phone dialer
    > application is via the Start>Run and enter dialer in the typing field.
    > I have searched for the dialer or phone dialer executable on my C
    > drive without success. So am unable to create a desktop shortcut.
    >
    > How did you initally create an icon for the phone dialer?
    >
    > Mary

    <snip>
    Mary, Apr 9, 2004
  13. ECLiPSE 2002

    ECLiPSE 2002 Guest

    Not as lucky as you Mary - I don't seem to have a WinNT folder in my C
    drive - at least I am unable to find one in Search. Guess I'll have to
    be content with the Start>Run>dialer method and forego the search for
    a desktop shortcut.

    Thanks for your helpfulness.

    Mary

    ECLiPSE 2002, Apr 10, 2004
  14. ECLiPSE 2002

    Patrick Guest

    ECLiPSE 2002 wrote:
    > Not as lucky as you Mary - I don't seem to have a WinNT folder in my C
    > drive - at least I am unable to find one in Search. Guess I'll have to
    > be content with the Start>Run>dialer method and forego the search for
    > a desktop shortcut.

    Is this what you are looking for?
    C:\Program Files\Windows NT\dialer.exe

    Patrick, Apr 10, 2004