phone credit expiry

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by 807, Sep 16, 2006.

  1. 807

    807 Guest

    I think most allow 90 or 120 days before credit expires however I seem to
    have read about one now offering unexpired length but I can't remember which
    one, anyone any idea ?
     
    807, Sep 16, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. 807

    Am Guest

    www.voipbuster.com

    "807" <> schreef in bericht
    news:wRXOg.26208$...
    >I think most allow 90 or 120 days before credit expires however I seem to
    >have read about one now offering unexpired length but I can't remember
    >which one, anyone any idea ?
    >
    >
     
    Am, Sep 16, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Thus spaketh Am:
    > "807" <> schreef in bericht
    > news:wRXOg.26208$...
    >> I think most allow 90 or 120 days before credit expires however I
    >> seem to have read about one now offering unexpired length but I
    >> can't remember which one, anyone any idea ?

    >
    > www.voipbuster.com
    >


    www.voipstunt.com
    www.voipcheap.com
    www.sipdiscount.com
    www.internetcalls.com

    and all the others in the group.


    --
    DVD rental: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/dvd
    PAYG Mobile Offers: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/payg
    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
     
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Sep 16, 2006
    #3
  4. 807

    807 Guest

    thanks for that,

    Perhaps I can ask another question in this post, can you get a phone number
    now from any of the voip providers, I got one with voip cheap but my friend
    signed up with them and it does not seem to be on offer now. ? Any idea who
    does voip stunt voip cheap or this group of companies < thanks in advance.
     
    807, Sep 16, 2006
    #4
  5. 807

    Scope Guest

    807 wrote:
    > Perhaps I can ask another question in this post, can you get a phone number
    > now from any of the voip providers, I got one with voip cheap but my friend
    > signed up with them and it does not seem to be on offer now. ?


    None of the Betamax/Finarea companies offer incoming number any more as
    far as I know..

    > Any idea who does voip stunt voip cheap or this group of companies < thanks in advance.


    See above. :)
     
    Scope, Sep 16, 2006
    #5
  6. Thus spaketh Scope:
    > 807 wrote:
    >> Perhaps I can ask another question in this post, can you get a
    >> phone number now from any of the voip providers, I got one with voip
    >> cheap but my
    >> friend signed up with them and it does not seem to be on offer now. ?

    >
    > None of the Betamax/Finarea companies offer incoming number any more
    > as far as I know..
    >
    >> Any idea who does voip stunt voip cheap or this group of companies <
    >> thanks in advance.

    >
    > See above. :)


    At the moment, as you say they aren't offering an incoming number, not
    sure if they will again in the future.

    If you are going to use software or a ATA or VoIP phone that allows more
    than one provider, then you could register with VoIPStunt for example
    and then register with someone like Sipgate (who issue for free an
    incoming number) and then use a program like X-Lite (non-branded
    version) and then add both accounts, then use one for outgoing calls and
    the other for incoming.


    --
    DVD rental: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/dvd
    PAYG Mobile Offers: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/payg
    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
     
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Sep 17, 2006
    #6
  7. 807

    elziko Guest

    807 wrote:
    > I think most allow 90 or 120 days before credit expires however I
    > seem to have read about one now offering unexpired length but I can't
    > remember which one, anyone any idea ?


    Sipgate doesn't expire unused credit after a certain length of time.
     
    elziko, Sep 18, 2006
    #7
  8. elziko wrote:
    > 807 wrote:
    >> I think most allow 90 or 120 days before credit expires however I
    >> seem to have read about one now offering unexpired length but I can't
    >> remember which one, anyone any idea ?

    >
    > Sipgate doesn't expire unused credit after a certain length of time.
    >
    >


    Yes, but you don't get the free / reduced destinations.
     
    Daviey Walker, Sep 18, 2006
    #8
  9. 807

    Mark Guest

    On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 19:00:44 GMT, "807" <> wrote:

    >I think most allow 90 or 120 days before credit expires however I seem to
    >have read about one now offering unexpired length but I can't remember which
    >one, anyone any idea ?


    My SkypeOut credit has never expired despite the T&Cs suggesting that
    it would.
     
    Mark, Sep 18, 2006
    #9
  10. Thus spaketh Mark:
    > On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 19:00:44 GMT, "807" <> wrote:
    >
    >> I think most allow 90 or 120 days before credit expires however I
    >> seem to have read about one now offering unexpired length but I
    >> can't remember which one, anyone any idea ?

    >
    > My SkypeOut credit has never expired despite the T&Cs suggesting that
    > it would.


    Yes, but the Skype out rates are one of the most expensive for VoIP,
    even using your landline can get you cheaper calls.


    --
    DVD rental: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/dvd
    PAYG Mobile Offers: www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/payg
    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
     
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Sep 18, 2006
    #10
  11. 807

    Mark Guest

    On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:38:51 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

    >Thus spaketh Mark:
    >> On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 19:00:44 GMT, "807" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I think most allow 90 or 120 days before credit expires however I
    >>> seem to have read about one now offering unexpired length but I
    >>> can't remember which one, anyone any idea ?

    >>
    >> My SkypeOut credit has never expired despite the T&Cs suggesting that
    >> it would.

    >
    >Yes, but the Skype out rates are one of the most expensive for VoIP,
    >even using your landline can get you cheaper calls.


    I fully agree. I was merely providing an answer. It's useful to have
    options when travelling, and unexpiring credit with Skype is just one
    I have (very) occasionally used.
     
    Mark, Sep 18, 2006
    #11
  12. 807

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Daviey Walker" <> wrote
    in message news:kNwPg.24438$
    > elziko wrote:
    > > 807 wrote:
    > > > I think most allow 90 or 120 days before credit
    > > > expires however I seem to have read about one now
    > > > offering unexpired length but I can't remember which
    > > > one, anyone any idea ?

    > >
    > > Sipgate doesn't expire unused credit after a certain
    > > length of time.

    >
    > Yes, but you don't get the free / reduced destinations.


    That's the price you pay for it not expiring..! They have to make their
    money somehow..!

    Anyway, if your credit doesn't expire the money lasts longer. I have
    credit on two of my Sipgate accounts that has been there for over 18
    months.

    Ivor
     
    Ivor Jones, Sep 19, 2006
    #12
  13. Ivor Jones wrote:
    > "Daviey Walker" <> wrote
    > in message news:kNwPg.24438$
    >> elziko wrote:
    >>> 807 wrote:
    >>>> I think most allow 90 or 120 days before credit
    >>>> expires however I seem to have read about one now
    >>>> offering unexpired length but I can't remember which
    >>>> one, anyone any idea ?
    >>> Sipgate doesn't expire unused credit after a certain
    >>> length of time.

    >> Yes, but you don't get the free / reduced destinations.

    >
    > That's the price you pay for it not expiring..! They have to make their
    > money somehow..!
    >
    > Anyway, if your credit doesn't expire the money lasts longer. I have
    > credit on two of my Sipgate accounts that has been there for over 18
    > months.
    >
    > Ivor
    >
    >


    Ivor, you not listening fast enough! The credit no longer expires, you
    get the free destinations for 90/120 days - then they charge 1 euro p/m
    (about) until the credit is consumed and you re-topup for the free
    destinations.
     
    Daviey Walker, Sep 19, 2006
    #13
  14. 807

    Lee Guest

    "Mark" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 19:00:44 GMT, "807" <> wrote:
    >
    >>I think most allow 90 or 120 days before credit expires however I seem to
    >>have read about one now offering unexpired length but I can't remember
    >>which
    >>one, anyone any idea ?

    >
    > My SkypeOut credit has never expired despite the T&Cs suggesting that
    > it would.
    >


    How did you do that?

    I have had Skype steal my money, sorry "expire my credit" twice. Of course,
    I don't really miss it since using SIP but it is the principle of it that
    annoys me. Like you, I have had occasion to use Skype when travelling.

    L
     
    Lee, Sep 22, 2006
    #14
  15. 807

    Mark Guest

    On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 15:16:36 +0100, "Lee" <> wrote:

    >
    >"Mark" <> wrote in message
    >news:...
    >> On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 19:00:44 GMT, "807" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I think most allow 90 or 120 days before credit expires however I seem to
    >>>have read about one now offering unexpired length but I can't remember
    >>>which
    >>>one, anyone any idea ?

    >>
    >> My SkypeOut credit has never expired despite the T&Cs suggesting that
    >> it would.
    >>

    >
    >How did you do that?
    >
    >I have had Skype steal my money, sorry "expire my credit" twice. Of course,
    >I don't really miss it since using SIP but it is the principle of it that
    >annoys me. Like you, I have had occasion to use Skype when travelling.


    I didn't 'do' anything. The credit is still there over a year after I
    bought it. My account does show an expiration date - but then again
    it always did (AFAICR).
     
    Mark, Sep 22, 2006
    #15
  16. 807

    Jono Guest

    on 22/09/2006, Mark supposed :

    >>
    >> I have had Skype steal my money, sorry "expire my credit" twice. Of course,
    >> I don't really miss it since using SIP but it is the principle of it that
    >> annoys me. Like you, I have had occasion to use Skype when travelling.

    >
    > I didn't 'do' anything. The credit is still there over a year after I
    > bought it. My account does show an expiration date - but then again
    > it always did (AFAICR).


    Are you saying you have retained all your credit & have not used /any/
    of it?

    I lost a tenner to their policy of taking all credit if a chargeable
    call is not made within 6 months.

    I received a pleasantly worded email /after/ they'd taken my credit,
    explaining what they had done.
     
    Jono, Sep 22, 2006
    #16
  17. 807

    Mark Guest

    On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 22:33:47 +0100, Jono <>
    wrote:

    >on 22/09/2006, Mark supposed :
    >
    >>>
    >>> I have had Skype steal my money, sorry "expire my credit" twice. Of course,
    >>> I don't really miss it since using SIP but it is the principle of it that
    >>> annoys me. Like you, I have had occasion to use Skype when travelling.

    >>
    >> I didn't 'do' anything. The credit is still there over a year after I
    >> bought it. My account does show an expiration date - but then again
    >> it always did (AFAICR).

    >
    >Are you saying you have retained all your credit & have not used /any/
    >of it?
    >
    >I lost a tenner to their policy of taking all credit if a chargeable
    >call is not made within 6 months.
    >
    >I received a pleasantly worded email /after/ they'd taken my credit,
    >explaining what they had done.


    When I bought my SkypeOut credit ISTR it was stated that it would last
    6 months - period - irrespective of use or not.

    I've used about one Euro worth of that prepaid credit in, oooh, 14
    months or so. The remaider is still there even though I expected it
    to vanish.

    My account currently says the credit will expire on a date in 2007 -
    we'll see.

    --
    Mark
     
    Mark, Sep 24, 2006
    #17
  18. 807

    Jono Guest

    It happens that Mark formulated :

    > When I bought my SkypeOut credit ISTR it was stated that it would last
    > 6 months - period - irrespective of use or not.
    >
    > I've used about one Euro worth of that prepaid credit in, oooh, 14
    > months or so. The remaider is still there even though I expected it
    > to vanish.
    >
    > My account currently says the credit will expire on a date in 2007 -
    > we'll see.


    It's swallowed up if you make no chargeable calls in a six month
    period.
     
    Jono, Sep 24, 2006
    #18
  19. 807

    Mark Guest

    On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 22:13:08 +0100, Jono <>
    wrote:

    >It happens that Mark formulated :
    >
    >> When I bought my SkypeOut credit ISTR it was stated that it would last
    >> 6 months - period - irrespective of use or not.
    >>
    >> I've used about one Euro worth of that prepaid credit in, oooh, 14
    >> months or so. The remaider is still there even though I expected it
    >> to vanish.
    >>
    >> My account currently says the credit will expire on a date in 2007 -
    >> we'll see.

    >
    >It's swallowed up if you make no chargeable calls in a six month
    >period.


    ....akin to pre-pay mobile then - although 6 months seems a bit
    unfair/cheeky considering there's relatively little resource being
    consumed (e.g. unlike PAYG mobile, it's not like there a number
    that's reserved).

    12 or 24 months would be more reasonable, IMHO.
     
    Mark, Sep 25, 2006
    #19
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Gul Dukat
    Replies:
    14
    Views:
    823
  2. talk3g.co.uk

    VoIPStunt Credit Expiry??

    talk3g.co.uk, May 30, 2006, in forum: UK VOIP
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    2,225
  3. News Reader
    Replies:
    16
    Views:
    1,464
    Paul Cupis
    Jun 26, 2006
  4. News Reader
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    817
  5. News Reader
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    605
    News Reader
    Aug 24, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page