    From: "Bussines eBay" <>
    CC:
    Subject: Billin Issues eBay
    Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 10:19:12 -0700
    Show Full Headers

    Place or Update Credit Card on File

    Dear eBay,

    During our regulary schedule account maintenance and verification we
    have detected a slight error in your billing information on file with
    eBay. This might be due to either following reasons:

    - A recent change in your personal information (i.e. change
    of address)
    - Submiting invalid information during the initial sign up
    process.
    - An inability to accurately verify your selected option of
    payment due an internal error within
    our processors.

    Your credit card on file with eBay

    Card number: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-4322 (Not shown for security purposes)
    Expiration date: 11/05

    Please sign in to your eBay account and update your billing information:

    http://signin.ebay.com/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn&ssPageName=h:h:sin:US" >

    If your account information is not update, your ability to sell or bid
    on eBay will become restricted.

    Thank you,
    eBay Billing Department

    eBay treats your personal information with the utmost care, and our
    Privacy Policy is designed to protect you and your information. eBay
    will never ask their users for personal information, such as bank
    account numbers, credit card numbers, pin numbers, passwords, or Social
    Security numbers in an email. For more information on how to protect
    your eBay password and your account, please visit User Account
    Protection.
    This eBay notice was sent to you based on your eBay account preferences
    and in accordance with our Privacy Policy. To change your notification
    preferences, click here. If you would like to receive this email in text
    format, click here.

    Copyright © 2005 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective
    owners.
    eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc.

    JC, May 31, 2005

  2. JC

    DoggNZ Guest

    On Tue, 31 May 2005 13:00:33 +1200, JC <>
    wrote:

    >Just received the following in my beer account. Obviously a phishing
    >scam. They could at least learn how to spell business and billing
    >correctly.

    <Snip>

    Yeah I get these in one of my spamcatcher accounts. I don't have an
    Ebay account so that's a bit of a give-away LOL

    DoggNZ, May 31, 2005