    You?

    --
    john mcwilliams
    John McWilliams, Jun 19, 2009

  2. John McWilliams wrote:
    > Just got an e-mail with a most impressive and alluring line:
    >
    > "Your photos are very impressive. The use of light is the best part. I
    > think you will enjoy this new site I found: "
    > << Snipped bits out >>
    >
    > They did hit the mark, especially about the light..... I always use at
    > least some light in each and every image I take.
    > You?

    I sometimes add a little dark as well. What a contrast!

    David
    David J Taylor, Jun 19, 2009

  3. John McWilliams

    PDM Guest

    "David J Taylor"
    <-this-part.nor-this.co.uk.invalid> wrote in
    message news:XNN_l.44662$...
    > John McWilliams wrote:
    >> Just got an e-mail with a most impressive and alluring line:
    >>
    >> "Your photos are very impressive. The use of light is the best part. I
    >> think you will enjoy this new site I found: "
    >> << Snipped bits out >>
    >>
    >> They did hit the mark, especially about the light..... I always use at
    >> least some light in each and every image I take.
    >> You?

    > I sometimes add a little dark as well. What a contrast!
    >
    > David

    Actually, you don't need light at all. Film emulsion can also be affected by
    the dark, I kid you not. It's called "The Dark Reaction". Not common with
    modern film chemistry, but I remember back in the early 1960s being
    demonstrated the affect at college.

    PDM
    PDM, Jun 19, 2009
  4. John McWilliams

    ray Guest

    On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 07:15:25 -0700, John McWilliams wrote:

    > Just got an e-mail with a most impressive and alluring line:
    >
    > "Your photos are very impressive. The use of light is the best part. I
    > think you will enjoy this new site I found: " << Snipped bits out >>
    >
    > They did hit the mark, especially about the light..... I always use at
    > least some light in each and every image I take. You?

    Don't know why - the only 'perfect' photo I ever took had no light at all.
    ray, Jun 19, 2009
  5. John McWilliams

    al-Farrob Guest

    On Jun 19, 4:04 pm, "David J Taylor" <-this-
    part.nor-this.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
    > John McWilliams wrote:
    > > Just got an e-mail with a most impressive and alluring line:

    > > "Your photos are very impressive. The use of light is the best part. I
    > > think you will enjoy this new site I found: "
    > > << Snipped bits out >>

    > > They did hit the mark, especially about the light..... I always use at
    > > least some light in each and every image I take.
    > > You?

    > I sometimes add a little dark as well.  What a contrast!
    >
    > David

    You may use ir, uv, x-ray, etc and they are not light :)

    josé varela
    www.al-farrob.com
    al-Farrob, Jun 21, 2009
  6. John McWilliams <> wrote:

    > They did hit the mark, especially about the light..... I always use at
    > least some light in each and every image I take.
    > You?

    I leave the lens cap on sometimes. Gives interesting effects,
    especially at high ISO settings and longer exposures.

    -Wolfgang
    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Jun 30, 2009