Phishing email.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by joevan, Jun 10, 2005.

  1. joevan

    joevan Guest

    Is this one of those phishing html emails? I suspect it is as Ebay
    does not know my throwaway hotmail. I have changed it here too for
    obvious reasons.
    I disconnected from on line and copied the body to a word doc and then
    got it down to the following as per below.
    This throwaway mail gets a lot of these tracking and offer Dept.
    things. What the heck are they but spam. Any one know for sure?

    edited message below this:
    New Instant Message
    Add Messenger Contacts

    On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 00:52:37 GMT, joevan <>
    wrote:

    >Is this one of those phishing html emails? I suspect it is as Ebay
    >does not know my throwaway hotmail. I have changed it here too for
    >obvious reasons.
    >I disconnected from on line and copied the body to a word doc and then
    >got it down to the following as per below.
    >This throwaway mail gets a lot of these tracking and offer Dept.
    >things. What the heck are they but spam. Any one know for sure?
    >

    >edited message below this:
    >New Instant Message
    >Add Messenger Contacts

    This is the slime ball page somehow connected to the email. Maybe just
    advertizing so called, but spam garbage to me.
    I signed us as

    http://harrisondm.com/contact.html

    and for the same reason."
    joevan, Jun 10, 2005

  3. joevan

    WormWood Guest

    You responded to this shit?

    WormWood, Jun 10, 2005
  4. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 21:59:32 -0400, "WormWood"
    <> wrote:

    >You responded to this shit?

    No I did not respond to the shit. I copied the damn html to a word
    doc. While disconnected so as not to allow the bastards to get my info
    I copied some of the headers and found just what it was about.
    I would never respond to the shits.

    and for the same reason."
    joevan, Jun 10, 2005
  5. joevan

    Joel Rubin Guest

    <> wrote:

    >You responded to this shit?

    Of course, if a phish suggests that you post all your financial
    information to http://imacrook.freeservers.za/verify.php it might have
    some interesting consequences were you to use Perl or a web page to
    post several megs of random junk to
    http://imacrook.freeservers.za/verify.php.

    You can't usually tell but the page might send mail to some freemail
    drop box. You might even make the drop box useless for the purpose for
    which it was intended. (although what with gmail, freemail quota sizes
    are getting much larger)
    Joel Rubin, Jun 10, 2005
  6. joevan

    Rick Merrill Guest

    joevan wrote:

    > Is this one of those phishing html emails?

    Yes, of course it is.

    > I suspect it is as Ebay
    > does not know my throwaway hotmail.

    Forward the thing to (they handle paypal also)

    > I have changed it here too for
    > obvious reasons.
    > I disconnected from on line and copied the body to a word doc and then
    > got it down to the following as per below.
    > This throwaway mail gets a lot of these tracking and offer Dept.
    > things. What the heck are they but spam.

    They are con men trying to steal your money (a.k.a. "identity theft")
    Rick Merrill, Jun 10, 2005
  7. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 12:59:15 -0400, Rick Merrill <>
    wrote:

    >joevan wrote:
    >

    >> Is this one of those phishing html emails?

    >Yes, of course it is.
    >
    >> I suspect it is as Ebay
    >> does not know my throwaway hotmail.

    >Forward the thing to (they handle paypal also)
    >

    >> I have changed it here too for
    >> obvious reasons.
    >> I disconnected from on line and copied the body to a word doc and then
    >> got it down to the following as per below.
    >> This throwaway mail gets a lot of these tracking and offer Dept.
    >> things. What the heck are they but spam.

    >They are con men trying to steal your money (a.k.a. "identity theft")

    It is really funny as they want you to click on their special whatever
    it is so they can see that your addy is for real. It is only a
    throwaway one and they couldn't get to me anyhow but they say they
    want to give a 500 dollar gift certificate out to whatever fool
    clicks on their mail form. I mean, it is so stupid. They are the pits.

    joevan, Jun 10, 2005
  8. joevan

    Plato Guest

    joevan wrote:

    > This throwaway mail gets a lot of these tracking and offer Dept.
    > things. What the heck are they but spam. Any one know for sure?

    Why do you even care. Just dont download silly emails and dont worry
    about them.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jun 11, 2005
  9. joevan

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > joevan wrote:
    >>
    >> This throwaway mail gets a lot of these tracking and offer Dept.
    >> things. What the heck are they but spam. Any one know for sure?

    > Why do you even care. Just dont download silly emails and dont worry
    > about them.

    Yeah - it's not *my* job to protect the stupid...
    Toolman Tim, Jun 11, 2005
  10. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 11:39:19 -0700, "Toolman Tim"
    <> wrote:

    >"Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    >> joevan wrote:
    >>>
    >>> This throwaway mail gets a lot of these tracking and offer Dept.
    >>> things. What the heck are they but spam. Any one know for sure?

    >> Why do you even care. Just dont download silly emails and dont worry
    >> about them.
    >>

    >Yeah - it's not *my* job to protect the stupid...

    I care because I think the crap should be stopped period.
    I an not one to fall for such garbage, just the opposite. I would like
    to see the spammers go to aohell. or something like that.
    And the use of gif files on these emails is crazy. Anything but a
    right click will give the bastards a go ahead to send more stuff.
    I will just quit that throw away hotmail and get another but first I
    want to give some garbage to the garbage assholes.
    As to my main email it gets zero unwanted mail. Never a problem.

    and for the same reason."
    joevan, Jun 11, 2005
  11. joevan

    Plato Guest

    joevan wrote:

    > I care because I think the crap should be stopped period.

    Did you ever read the statistics on spam? A huge percentage of people
    acually buy things that are offered in spam emails. More than
    telemarketers or junk snail mail. It's just basic supply and demand. The
    spammers will continue to supply spam as long as the buyers/demanders
    will continue to purchase. Luckily, many ISPs are getting good at
    filtering it.

    Plato, Jun 12, 2005
  12. joevan

    Diep Guest

    I get spoofed emails from eBay. Send them to

    Diep, Jun 12, 2005