Phillips DVDR70 Recordable DVD Player

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Jeannie, Aug 4, 2004.

  1. Jeannie

    Jeannie Guest

    My mum was talked into buying a Philips Recordable DVD player when she
    bought her new widescreen telly and I wondered if anyone had any experience
    with these as she has had nothing but trouble with hers.

    From day one anything recorded from the TV would freeze up on play back,
    then the Video Plus function wouldn't work at all. Eventually she
    complained to the shop she bought it from and they sent a new DVD player
    together with an engineer to set it up. That was last week. Yesterday,
    when she tried to record using the new machine, exactly the same fault
    occured (the engineer only tested the record and playback briefly and the
    freezing only normally starts after about 20 minutes of recording and gets
    progressively worse until the picture freezes totally).

    Is this a common fault with these or has my mum just been supremely unlucky?

    Jeannie

    ---

    Jeannie, Aug 4, 2004