phillips 642 vs jvc xv-n310b (both region free)

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by blah blah, Dec 9, 2004.

  1. blah blah

    blah blah Guest

    I googled region free dvd and came up with these 2 players over at
    amazon. (phillips 642 vs jvc xv-n310b)

    From looking around here it seems that a lot of people have bought the
    phillips unit, enter the magical key commands and are good to go. Is
    anyone using the jvc unit? (I have to admit, I am partial to JVC as I
    have a tv and vcr that I bought years ago and have never had any
    problems with)...

    Mostly, we will want to play UK dvd's, in addition to "american" dvd's

    If anyone would like to comment on why I should by one versus the other
    that's great.

    Just from quick searching around here, it seems that their is more
    expertise wrt to the phillips unit....

    Thanks in advance

    blah blah, Dec 9, 2004