    I use the Philips DVDR75 and find it great - I use Cam 1 inputs for recording
    from DVD - DVDR and video-DVDR and both come out great

    Even NTSC tapes work well

    Hillen120, Oct 18, 2004

  2. I'm having pricture quality problems when I use the CAM inputs of my DVDR75
    and I would like to know whether anyone else is suffering the same
    problems.....

    1. With both CAM1 and CAM2 the bottom of the recorded picture contains
    approximately 10-15 lines of "noise" and/or "distorted" picture. Is this
    normal?
    2. The analogue CAM input picture often "jumps" by a few lines as if the
    recorder is having syncronisation problems. If I connect my camcorder
    directly to my TV then there are no such problems (i.e. my camcorder is OK).
    3. The quality of a recording when using the analogue CAM input is sometimes
    very bad (worse than an M6 recording) even when M1 is used. The quality of
    the input picture appears to be the same as other input pictures that record
    OK.

    One other general question/problem:
    4. The quality of the monitored picture (using the monitor button) does not
    depend upon the picture quality setting. Is this correct as the manual
    implies that the quality of the recorded picture can be seen by using the
    monitor button?

    The DVDR75 seems to produce very good results when recording TV programs,
    but as I purchase it to mainly copy my home movies onto DVD I'm wondering
    whether I should return it.

    Cheers,
    Tony.

    Tony Jeffreys, Oct 18, 2004