Philips DVD burner problems

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by fastmoggy, Jul 6, 2005.

  1. fastmoggy

    fastmoggy Guest

    OS Windows XP pro
    1.7 P4
    512meg ram

    Hi,
    Have,or rather had!, a Philips DVDR 1640P which until last night worked
    fine. It's only 5 months old and not done much in the way of burning
    projects ect ect.

    Problem now is that on boot up the dvd light comes on briefly and then
    that's it, i cannot open the draw or even use it. Device manager says this
    device is working normally and the IDE ATA?ATAPI controllers are fine with
    no conflicts. Just to make doubly sure that it wasn't a connection problem i
    have removed all the connectors to the device and reconnected it all to make
    sure the cables were not at fault and reinstalled the driver for it but
    still it refuses to work. Any ideas greatly appreciated as im running out
    off coffee
    Cheers
    Chris

    fastmoggy, Jul 6, 2005

  2. fastmoggy

    Parko Guest

    fastmoggy wrote:

    > OS Windows XP pro
    > 1.7 P4
    > 512meg ram
    >
    > Hi,
    > Have,or rather had!, a Philips DVDR 1640P which until last night worked
    > fine. It's only 5 months old and not done much in the way of burning
    > projects ect ect.
    >
    > Problem now is that on boot up the dvd light comes on briefly and then
    > that's it, i cannot open the draw or even use it. Device manager says this
    > device is working normally and the IDE ATA?ATAPI controllers are fine with
    > no conflicts. Just to make doubly sure that it wasn't a connection problem
    > i have removed all the connectors to the device and reconnected it all to
    > make sure the cables were not at fault and reinstalled the driver for it
    > but still it refuses to work. Any ideas greatly appreciated as im running
    > out off coffee
    > Cheers
    > Chris

    I would check to see if your fast moggy didn't cough up a fur ball into the
    DVD tray the last time you used it.
    --
    Parko
    Registered Linux User #339345