    model.

    Hmmm, maybe ZDP is just too hard to do for such a cheap price (a little
    over $300+GST)

    Rob J, Jun 2, 2005

  2. Rob J

    Bling-Bling Guest

    On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 00:02:45 +1200, Rob J wrote:

    > Hmmm, maybe ZDP is just too hard to do for such a cheap price (a little
    > over $300+GST)

    Nah - it just means that LCD monitors are still not reliable enough. Stay
    with CRT monitors, especially if you're wanting to do video or graphics
    editing.

    Bling Bling

    Bling-Bling, Jun 3, 2005

  3. Rob J

    Tony Guest

    On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 11:40:10 +1200, Bling-Bling <>
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 00:02:45 +1200, Rob J wrote:
    >
    >> Hmmm, maybe ZDP is just too hard to do for such a cheap price (a little
    >> over $300+GST)

    >Nah - it just means that LCD monitors are still not reliable enough. Stay
    >with CRT monitors, especially if you're wanting to do video or graphics
    >editing.
    >

    >Bling Bling

    You are joking, they are Sony no longer make CRT monitors below 2"

    Plus Sonly has produced a LCD TV that has better Colours than a CRT.

    Time to wake up and smell the coffee.

    Tony, Jun 3, 2005
  4. In <> Tony
    wrote:
    > On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 11:40:10 +1200, Bling-Bling <.
    > com> wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 00:02:45 +1200, Rob J wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hmmm, maybe ZDP is just too hard to do for such a cheap price (a
    >>> little over $300+GST)

    >>Nah - it just means that LCD monitors are still not reliable enough.
    >>Stay with CRT monitors, especially if you're wanting to do video or
    >>graphics editing. Bling Bling

    > You are joking, they are Sony no longer make CRT monitors below 2"

    I _know_ that's a typo, but I must admit I haven't seen any CRTs at that
    size for a long time.

    http://vintageware.orcon.net.nz/

    Roger Johnstone, Jun 3, 2005
  5. Rob J

    Richard Guest

    Roger Johnstone wrote:

    > I _know_ that's a typo, but I must admit I haven't seen any CRTs at that
    > size for a long time.

    I know, you cant even get them in a viewfinder anymore, instead all the
    camcorders have a shitty low res lcd that you cant tell how your focused with...

    Richard, Jun 3, 2005
  6. On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 11:40:10 +1200, Bling-Bling
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 00:02:45 +1200, Rob J wrote:
    >
    >> Hmmm, maybe ZDP is just too hard to do for such a cheap price (a little
    >> over $300+GST)

    >Nah - it just means that LCD monitors are still not reliable enough. Stay
    >with CRT monitors, especially if you're wanting to do video or graphics
    >editing.

    Bullcrap
    Dead pixels normally show up the first time it is turned on
    They don't deteriorate over time

    FreedomChooser, Jun 3, 2005
  7. On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 16:38:37 +1200, Tony
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 11:40:10 +1200, Bling-Bling <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 00:02:45 +1200, Rob J wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hmmm, maybe ZDP is just too hard to do for such a cheap price (a little
    >>> over $300+GST)

    >>Nah - it just means that LCD monitors are still not reliable enough. Stay
    >>with CRT monitors, especially if you're wanting to do video or graphics
    >>editing.
    >>

    >>Bling Bling

    >You are joking, they are Sony no longer make CRT monitors below 2"

    Since when did anyone make 2" CRT monitors

    FreedomChooser, Jun 3, 2005
  8. Rob J

    Andrew Guest

    FreedomChooser wrote:
    > On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 11:40:10 +1200, Bling-Bling
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 00:02:45 +1200, Rob J wrote:
    >>

    >>>Hmmm, maybe ZDP is just too hard to do for such a cheap price (a little
    >>>over $300+GST)

    >>Nah - it just means that LCD monitors are still not reliable enough. Stay
    >>with CRT monitors, especially if you're wanting to do video or graphics
    >>editing.

    > Bullcrap
    > Dead pixels normally show up the first time it is turned on
    > They don't deteriorate over time

    Thats not right... my monitor here at work, 21" dell has been running
    for 6-8 months, developed a dead pixel last week

    Andrew, Jun 3, 2005
  9. Rob J

    Richard Guest

    Andrew wrote:

    > Thats not right... my monitor here at work, 21" dell has been running
    > for 6-8 months, developed a dead pixel last week

    Sure its not just dust on it? I had that once... hehe

    Richard, Jun 4, 2005
  10. In <> FreedomChooser wrote:
    > On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 16:38:37 +1200, Tony
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>You are joking, they are Sony no longer make CRT monitors below 2"

    > Since when did anyone make 2" CRT monitors

    Perhaps you're too young to remember the commlock used in Space 1999? Or
    the Sinclair Pocket TV? Or pretty much any video camera before the 1990s?

    http://vintageware.orcon.net.nz/

    Roger Johnstone, Jun 4, 2005
  11. Rob J

    Robert Cooze Guest

    Bling-Bling wrote:
    > On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 00:02:45 +1200, Rob J wrote:
    >

    >>Hmmm, maybe ZDP is just too hard to do for such a cheap price (a little
    >>over $300+GST)

    > Nah - it just means that LCD monitors are still not reliable enough. Stay
    > with CRT monitors, especially if you're wanting to do video or graphics
    > editing.
    >

    > Bling Bling

    I was thinking about a new monitor my self now I do a lot of photo work
    and some of the LCD's are getting good enough. To find a CRT now that is
    good enough is worce than the preverbial pin in the hay stack. ethier
    way lots of hard earned cash is needed :(

    so for the time being I am sticking to what I have now wich is just
    almost good enough.

    I gess its a Money Driven world.

    Robert Cooze, Jun 4, 2005
  12. Rob J

    Bling-Bling Guest

    On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 08:23:40 +1200, Robert Cooze wrote:

    > I was thinking about a new monitor my self now I do a lot of photo work
    > and some of the LCD's are getting good enough. To find a CRT now that is
    > good enough is worce than the preverbial pin in the hay stack. ethier way
    > lots of hard earned cash is needed :(
    >
    > so for the time being I am sticking to what I have now wich is just almost
    > good enough.

    If you're intending to do graphics/video editing I would also recommend
    getting the largest monitor that you can reasonably afford - at least 19"
    - the extra screen space is very useful indeed, and you won't regret it.

    Bling Bling

    Bling-Bling, Jun 5, 2005
  13. In article <>, Richard <>
    wrote:

    >Roger Johnstone wrote:
    >
    >> I _know_ that's a typo, but I must admit I haven't seen any CRTs at that
    >> size for a long time.

    >I know, you cant even get them in a viewfinder anymore, instead all the
    >camcorders have a shitty low res lcd that you cant tell how your focused
    >with...

    I have that same problem with my still-picture camera...

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Jun 7, 2005