Philips 737 regionfree

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Mischa van Dinter, Oct 28, 2003.

  1. Hi all,

    A while ago I asked how to make a Philips DVD737 region free. I did
    not get a response but several people asked me to email them the hack
    should I find it.

    Well, I just found it but lost most of the adresses of people who also
    wanted to know. So, should you need it, here is the hack:

    Philips DVD737

    Power on the player.
    Open the tray.
    Press the Menu button (the system menu, not the disc menu)
    Press stop
    Press |<<
    Press 0

    The screen now shows you your firmware version on the left, and on the
    right it will say reg.: 0

    Try it, it is now regionfree.

    Mischa
    Mischa van Dinter, Oct 28, 2003