    blanked. Power is still on, and screen lamp is lit, it is just blanked. I
    have tried resetting, updating firmware, new SD cards, etc. Anyone else
    have similar trouble and a solution? Thanks.

    Glenn, Dec 26, 2006

  2. Glenn

    Guest

    Glenn wrote:
    > I just bought this, and am having trouble. I loaded my photos onto a 1 GB
    > SD memory card, and set the frame to show a slideshow. Everything works
    > fine for anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, and then the frame just goes blank.
    > Sometimes there is intermittent flashes on the screen, but mostly it is just
    > blanked. Power is still on, and screen lamp is lit, it is just blanked. I
    > have tried resetting, updating firmware, new SD cards, etc. Anyone else
    > have similar trouble and a solution? Thanks.

    Have you checked what is on the card and ensured there are no
    incompatible files, eg avi, mpg, mov, raw, etc..? Are you running it
    in a random order mode - if so, what happens when you run it in
    sequence - does it always stop at the same time (file)?

    , Dec 26, 2006

  3. Glenn

    Glenn Guest

    They are all .jpg files, and whether random or sequential--the stopping
    point seems to vary. Usually within 10 minutes, but once it ran over an
    hour. I disables the "auto off / auto on" feature thinking it was a clock
    malfunction--but no luck.

    Glenn, Dec 26, 2006
  4. Glenn

    Glenn Guest

    I may have stumbled onto the solution: I renamed all the photos, with
    simply a number less than 8 digits. Maybe the processor in the frame cannot
    handle long file names? It has been working for nearly an hour now, with no
    problems. I have reenabled the timer functions, and set the slideshow to
    random. So far, so good. No one at the support center had any suggestions
    other than RMA for an exchange. I bought two of these, and since they both
    displayed this problem, I knew it was not a defective item--but rather
    something on this end that could be solved. I hope this was the answer.

    Glenn, Dec 26, 2006
  5. Glenn

    Glenn Guest

    False... It did run for 4 hours that time, but once again it went blank and
    froze up. Has anyone else had a similar problem with one of these frames?

    Glenn, Dec 27, 2006
  6. Glenn

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Glenn wrote:
    > I just bought this, and am having trouble. I loaded my photos onto a 1 GB
    > SD memory card, and set the frame to show a slideshow. Everything works
    > fine for anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes, and then the frame just goes blank.
    > Sometimes there is intermittent flashes on the screen, but mostly it is just
    > blanked. Power is still on, and screen lamp is lit, it is just blanked. I
    > have tried resetting, updating firmware, new SD cards, etc. Anyone else
    > have similar trouble and a solution? Thanks.

    Nope. I have a similar frame, and while I think the guy who programmed
    it was on drugs, it does work, once one gets past the menus, and resets
    all the parameters EACH time it is turned on! And WHO takes pictures in
    16:9 aspect ratio??

    Ron Hunter, Dec 27, 2006
  7. Glenn

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Glenn wrote:
    > I may have stumbled onto the solution: I renamed all the photos, with
    > simply a number less than 8 digits. Maybe the processor in the frame cannot
    > handle long file names? It has been working for nearly an hour now, with no
    > problems. I have reenabled the timer functions, and set the slideshow to
    > random. So far, so good. No one at the support center had any suggestions
    > other than RMA for an exchange. I bought two of these, and since they both
    > displayed this problem, I knew it was not a defective item--but rather
    > something on this end that could be solved. I hope this was the answer.
    > "Glenn" <> wrote in message

    If that turns out to fix the problem do call customer service and clue
    them in. It might save some people a lot of grief.

    Ron Hunter, Dec 27, 2006
  8. Glenn

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Glenn wrote:
    > False... It did run for 4 hours that time, but once again it went blank and
    > froze up. Has anyone else had a similar problem with one of these frames?

    Nope, mine, not a Phillips, has been running about 10 hours straight,
    and 24 hours before latest set of pictures were added. Now if it would
    just remember settings when turned off....

    Ron Hunter, Dec 27, 2006