  1. NS

    NS Guest

    What's the difference between Philips 642 , 642/17 and 642/37 ?

    NS, May 15, 2005

  2. NS

    Juanito Guest

    Juanito, May 19, 2005

  3. "NS" <> wrote in message news:Y0Jhe.7213$Iw1.6790@trnddc03...
    > What's the difference between Philips 642 , 642/17 and 642/37 ?

    The only difference difference between the models is the regieon on which it
    is used.

    Othere than that the units are identical in performance and features

    Gregory Kleverlaan, May 20, 2005
  4. "Juanito" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 15 May 2005 14:29:12 GMT, NS <> wrote:
    > That the Phillips 951 is alot better:
    >
    > http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5774096579&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1
    >
    >>What's the difference between Philips 642 , 642/17 and 642/37 ?

    This guy spammed the internet with this trash. The 951 is at least a 3 - 4
    years old model. From what I've read it doesn't play mp3. dvd-r/dvd-rw/ some
    vcd and svcd.

    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers.php?DVDnameid=274&Search=Search&#comments

    Stick with the 642 its a great player with a playback format guearantee. If
    it can't play a particular format they'll refund your purchase price.

    Gregory Kleverlaan, May 20, 2005
  5. NS

    misfit Guest

    im not sure but I think my Philli is a 642 and it plays Divx/Xvid

    but again...i might be crazy

    misfit, May 20, 2005
  6. NS

    Marty Guest

    Somewhere around Fri, 20 May 2005 09:46:59 -0700, while reading
    alt.video.dvd.tech, I think I thought I saw this post from "misfit"
    <>:

    >im not sure but I think my Philli is a 642 and it plays Divx/Xvid
    >
    >but again...i might be crazy

    No, they definitely play them. But there may be some flavors of DivX that
    can't be played, depending on what Codec was used.

    Marty - mjf at leftcoast-usa.com
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...
    well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

    Marty, May 20, 2005
  7. NS

    misfit Guest

    i agree...believe it or not..i have seen maybe one divx that wont play.
    if you get a scrambled video try switching the video output to 4:3 standard
    to 4:3 letter box or 16X9
    my brother showed me the trick

    misfit, May 20, 2005
  8. NS

    Nonymous Guest

    "misfit" <> wrote in message
    > im not sure but I think my Philli is a 642 and it plays Divx/Xvid

    I hope so since that's the main selling point of that particular player.

    Nonymous, May 21, 2005
  9. NS

    tman Guest

    Marty <> wrote in

    > Somewhere around Fri, 20 May 2005 09:46:59 -0700, while reading
    > alt.video.dvd.tech, I think I thought I saw this post from "misfit"
    > <>:
    >
    >>im not sure but I think my Philli is a 642 and it plays Divx/Xvid
    >>
    >>but again...i might be crazy
    >>

    > No, they definitely play them. But there may be some flavors of DivX
    > that can't be played, depending on what Codec was used.

    The only divx/xvid video that I've found that won't play are ones that are
    encoded using either the QPEL or GMC options.

    tman, May 22, 2005