    button?

    Thanks for your help for somebody not very bright technology-wise.

    , Dec 21, 2006

  2. In article <>,
    <> wrote:

    > I must have done something wrong (pushed some buttons) in the System
    > Menu and now the player will give me only sound, no image. Because I
    > don't get image, I am not able to even attempt to correct whatever I've
    > done wrong in the set up (system) menu. How can I get the image back as
    > long as I can't even see on the screen what's happening when I press a
    > button?
    >
    > Thanks for your help for somebody not very bright technology-wise.

    Have you tried unplugging the player (removing all power) for 10
    minutes or so? Sometimes this resets everything to default!

    Heinrich

    Heinrich Galland, Dec 22, 2006

  3. Jack Gillis Guest

    "Heinrich Galland" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> I must have done something wrong (pushed some buttons) in the System
    >> Menu and now the player will give me only sound, no image. Because I
    >> don't get image, I am not able to even attempt to correct whatever I've
    >> done wrong in the set up (system) menu. How can I get the image back as
    >> long as I can't even see on the screen what's happening when I press a
    >> button?
    >>
    >> Thanks for your help for somebody not very bright technology-wise.
    >>

    > Have you tried unplugging the player (removing all power) for 10
    > minutes or so? Sometimes this resets everything to default!
    >

    > Heinrich

    Thanks for that tip.

    We all need to be reminded about unplugging things now and then. I often
    overlook it when trying to fix some quirk in my computer and espcially my
    printer/scanner/copier.

    Jack Gillis, Dec 22, 2006
  4. dgates Guest

    On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 21:26:43 -0500, "Jack Gillis"
    <> wrote:

    >"Heinrich Galland" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <>,
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I must have done something wrong (pushed some buttons) in the System
    >>> Menu and now the player will give me only sound, no image. Because I
    >>> don't get image, I am not able to even attempt to correct whatever I've
    >>> done wrong in the set up (system) menu. How can I get the image back as
    >>> long as I can't even see on the screen what's happening when I press a
    >>> button?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for your help for somebody not very bright technology-wise.
    >>>

    >> Have you tried unplugging the player (removing all power) for 10
    >> minutes or so? Sometimes this resets everything to default!
    >>

    >> Heinrich

    >Thanks for that tip.
    >
    >We all need to be reminded about unplugging things now and then. I often
    >overlook it when trying to fix some quirk in my computer and espcially my
    >printer/scanner/copier.

    So, did it work?

    If not, I remember somewhere on VideoHelp.com, there was a post about
    exactly what buttons to push in what order to restore a certain
    Philips player after, I think, a firmware upgrade.

    The idea was that the picture wouldn't work, so you needed to know the
    exact combination of buttons to fix the machine so that the picture
    would work.

    I think the model being discussed in that thread was the 642, but if
    you're still stuck, you might search for a similar thread.

    dgates, Dec 22, 2006