    I want to know what went wrong during blow -off when I have pushed a
    hair pin inside to lift board.What parts I have to look to rectify
    monitor.

    Thaqalain, Sep 1, 2005

  2. Thaqalain

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Thaqalain wrote:
    > My monitor is shorted with a light while tilting board by placing
    > paper and metallic hair pin to adust EW Correction (a metal
    > stud/upstand) to get full view of picture otherwise it's left/right
    > edges was bowed.
    > I checked fuse still working in another monitor,I inserted 2 other
    > fuse,but unable to get any picture.
    > Monitor shows green power LED and a humming sound while opening
    > monitors.
    > I want to know what went wrong during blow -off when I have pushed a
    > hair pin inside to lift board.What parts I have to look to rectify
    > monitor.

    Can you try that again in coherent sentences? What did you do? Why did you
    do it? Do you have training in video service? If not, take it to a shop. You
    can really hurt yourself with those things. Or at the cost of new monitors,
    why pay a shop? Just upgrade. You always wanted a new 21" flat screen
    anyway, right?

    --
    Indecision is the key to flexibility.

    Toolman Tim, Sep 1, 2005

  3. Thaqalain

    Thaqalain Guest

    Thaqalain, Sep 1, 2005
  4. Thaqalain

    Evan Platt Guest

    On 31 Aug 2005 19:00:42 -0700, "Thaqalain" <>
    wrote:

    >Read previous history
    >here:http://groups.google.com/group/sci....43282/56d9c16c8bcbea98?hl=en#56d9c16c8bcbea98
    >,yesterday I almost recoverd full view by placing paper, but I thought
    >I should put metallic hair pin to work as shim underside board as it
    >helped to permanently tilt metal studs projecting on board.But atlast I
    >blow my monitor myself.

    I think B said it best:

    ....Then you are clearly out of your depth here and ought to get this
    unit to a tech before you a) make it worse or b) kill yourself. The
    inside of a TV is no place for the non-technical to go diddling about.
    For a knowledgeable person this should be a quick and a simple repair.
    good luck, Ben

    Evan Platt, Sep 1, 2005
  5. Thaqalain

    wrote:

    >Read previous history

    Yes, do:

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=&btnG=Google Search

    How many times does someone need to say if you don't know what you are
    doing with electronics like this, DON'T.

    You DO know that there are parts in a TV / Monitor that, even when the
    monitor / TV has been unplugged, store energy - enough to kill you
    with a simple touch?

    If you didn't know that, and/or if you don't know what those parts
    are, close the monitor back up and take it to a repair facility or buy
    a new one.

    Evan Platt, Sep 1, 2005