Philadelphia from a GoPro Drone

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by M-M, Nov 14, 2013.

  1. M-M

    M-M Guest

    M-M, Nov 14, 2013

  2. M-M

    PeterN Guest

    PeterN, Nov 14, 2013

  3. M-M

    Hactar Guest

    In article <>,
    PeterN <> wrote:
    > On 11/13/2013 9:22 PM, M-M wrote:
    > > I went back to the Art Museum today since the sky was clear. Here is a
    > > photo from my quadcopter drone looking south:
    > >
    > > http://home.comcast.net/~mhmyers/webdir/gopro/am2.jpg

    > I got a blank page. ;-(

    There was heavy fog.

    --
    -eben royalty.mine.nu:81
    LIBRA: A big promotion is just around the corner for someone
    Hactar, Nov 14, 2013
  4. (PeteCresswell), Nov 14, 2013
  5. M-M

    M-M Guest

    Reposting: Philadelphia from a GoPro Drone

    So sorry about the blank page.

    This should work:

    http://mhmyers.home.comcast.net/~mhmyers/gopro/am2.jpg

    In article <131120132122068145%>, M-M
    <> wrote:

    > I went back to the Art Museum today since the sky was clear. Here is a
    > photo from my quadcopter drone looking south:

    --
    m-m
    photo gallery:
    http://mhmyers.com
    M-M, Nov 14, 2013
  6. Re: Reposting: Philadelphia from a GoPro Drone

    On 11/14/2013 1:42 PM, M-M wrote:
    > So sorry about the blank page.
    >
    > This should work:
    >
    > http://mhmyers.home.comcast.net/~mhmyers/gopro/am2.jpg
    >
    > In article <131120132122068145%>, M-M
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> I went back to the Art Museum today since the sky was clear. Here is a
    >> photo from my quadcopter drone looking south:

    That did work; quite a picture! Which quadcopter drone and camera was it?

    --
    Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

    Extraneous "not." in Reply To.
    James Silverton, Nov 14, 2013
  7. M-M

    M-M Guest

    Re: Reposting: Philadelphia from a GoPro Drone

    In article <l63779$6ju$>, James Silverton
    <> wrote:

    > On 11/14/2013 1:42 PM, M-M wrote:
    > > So sorry about the blank page.
    > >
    > > This should work:
    > >
    > > http://mhmyers.home.comcast.net/~mhmyers/gopro/am2.jpg
    > >
    > > In article <131120132122068145%>, M-M
    > > <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> I went back to the Art Museum today since the sky was clear. Here is a
    > >> photo from my quadcopter drone looking south:
    > >>

    > That did work; quite a picture! Which quadcopter drone and camera was it?

    A Blade 350QX and a GoPro Hero 2. The camera was set not in video mode,
    but to take a still 11MP photo every 1/2 sec.

    --
    m-m
    photo gallery:
    M-M, Nov 14, 2013
  8. M-M

    J. Clarke Guest

    Re: Reposting: Philadelphia from a GoPro Drone

    In article <141120131440064273%>,
    says...

    > In article <l63779$6ju$>, James Silverton
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > On 11/14/2013 1:42 PM, M-M wrote:
    > > > So sorry about the blank page.
    > > >
    > > > This should work:
    > > >
    > > > http://mhmyers.home.comcast.net/~mhmyers/gopro/am2.jpg

    > > That did work; quite a picture! Which quadcopter drone and camera was it?

    > A Blade 350QX and a GoPro Hero 2. The camera was set not in video mode,
    > but to take a still 11MP photo every 1/2 sec.

    FWIW, this came up on NBC.com the other day:

    <http://photoblog.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/11/13/21437114-syrian-rebels-
    claim-they-captured-government-drone-reveal-images-found-inside>

    One wonders if it's really a "government drone" or if it belonged to
    some reporter, news agency, or just a well-to-do hobbyist. Still, it
    seems relevant to the discussion.
    J. Clarke, Nov 14, 2013
  9. M-M

    PeterN Guest

    On 11/14/2013 1:42 PM, M-M wrote:
    > So sorry about the blank page.
    >
    > This should work:
    >
    > http://mhmyers.home.comcast.net/~mhmyers/gopro/am2.jpg
    >
    > In article <131120132122068145%>, M-M
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> I went back to the Art Museum today since the sky was clear. Here is a
    >> photo from my quadcopter drone looking south:

    Neat image. How high was the copter.
    One of my friends went to B&H to ask about the drone. They suggested
    that H first get a cheap toy drone, to learn how to fly it. They
    strongly suggested that he not make the purchase, unless he was sure he
    would learn how to use it.
    He ordered the toy from Tiger direct, for about $29.
    The Full version with reasonable accessories sells for about 2K.

    --
    PeterN
    PeterN, Nov 15, 2013
  10. M-M

    M-M Guest

    Re: Reposting: Philadelphia from a GoPro Drone

    > FWIW, this came up on NBC.com the other day:
    >
    > <http://photoblog.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/11/13/21437114-syrian-rebels-
    > claim-they-captured-government-drone-reveal-images-found-inside>
    >
    > One wonders if it's really a "government drone" or if it belonged to
    > some reporter, news agency, or just a well-to-do hobbyist. Still, it
    > seems relevant to the discussion.

    One person saw me flying the thing and asked, "Is that armed?"

    --
    m-m
    photo gallery:
    M-M, Nov 15, 2013
  11. M-M

    M-M Guest

    Re: Reposting: Philadelphia from a GoPro Drone

    In article <>, PeterN
    <> wrote:

    > On 11/14/2013 1:42 PM, M-M wrote:
    > > So sorry about the blank page.
    > >
    > > This should work:
    > >
    > > http://mhmyers.home.comcast.net/~mhmyers/gopro/am2.jpg
    > >
    > > In article <131120132122068145%>, M-M
    > > <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> I went back to the Art Museum today since the sky was clear. Here is a
    > >> photo from my quadcopter drone looking south:
    > >>

    > Neat image. How high was the copter.
    > One of my friends went to B&H to ask about the drone. They suggested
    > that H first get a cheap toy drone, to learn how to fly it. They
    > strongly suggested that he not make the purchase, unless he was sure he
    > would learn how to use it.
    > He ordered the toy from Tiger direct, for about $29.
    > The Full version with reasonable accessories sells for about 2K.

    No way. This one was less than 500 without the camera and you don't
    need special skills to fly it- just some reasonable intelligence.

    But my interests are radio control airplanes (my RC page->
    <http://www.mhmyers.com/rc.tn.html> ) and photography so this seemed
    the perfect match.

    How high? No idea. It can go out of sight and then the GPS will bring
    it back to the spot it took off from with no help from the pilot.
    M-M, Nov 15, 2013
  12. M-M

    Mort Guest

    M-M wrote:
    > So sorry about the blank page.
    >
    > This should work:
    >
    > http://mhmyers.home.comcast.net/~mhmyers/gopro/am2.jpg
    >
    > In article <131120132122068145%>, M-M
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> I went back to the Art Museum today since the sky was clear. Here is a
    >> photo from my quadcopter drone looking south:

    Reposting worked. Very nice picture. Good work.

    Mort Linder

    ---
    Mort, Nov 16, 2013