  1. Ian

    Ian Guest

    When I play the DVD on my laptop there is no sound, DVD is fine on the TV, any ideas on the solution, Thanks

    Ian, Jul 28, 2005

  2. Ian

    P Pron Guest

    Ian wrote:
    | When I play the DVD on my laptop there is no sound, DVD is fine on
    | the TV, any ideas on the solution, Thanks

    The UK Phantom disc was mastered so as to default to the DTS soundtrack,
    rather than Dolby Digital. Presumably your standalone player understands
    this while your computer doesn't. You need to go into Setup or Sound Options
    on the disc menu (can't remember which, and I've got rid of the disc...) and
    choose something other than DTS

    hth

    paul

    P Pron, Jul 28, 2005