    drives, C and D). Even though it appears to have worked, no matter WHAT I
    do, when I reboot into Windows, it's still there.

    Help?????!

    Thip, Feb 27, 2006

  2. Thip wrote:

    > I'm tearing out my hair!

    May I recommend http://www.hairclub.com/ ?

    > XP Pro, SP 2

    Doesn't matter; Windows Recycle bin has been the same for many versions.

    > The Recycle Bin shows empy, but if I right-click on it and tell it to
    > empty, it tells me "Cannot delete folder Backyard Skateboarding:
    > Cannot Find Specified File or Folder."

    Apparently, you messed up the Recycle bin settings by mucking about in
    the registry, and/or trying to delete the folder. Don't do that.

    Try an ordinary double-click on the Registry icon. What is shown?

    > I've cleaned the registry. I've tried deleting it from Linux (dual
    > boot). I've tried deleting it from a Slax live CD. I've tried
    > deleting it from the command prompt. I've tried deleting Recycler
    > from the command prompt (both drives, C and D). Even though it
    > appears to have worked, no matter WHAT I do, when I reboot into
    > Windows, it's still there.

    The .. um .. Recycle folder (directory) is not a real folder. You cannot
    delete it.

    > Help?????!

    Sorry, not nearly enough question marks.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 27, 2006

  3. Thip

    Thip Guest

    > Thip wrote:
    >
    >> I'm tearing out my hair!

    > May I recommend http://www.hairclub.com/ ?

    Thanks for the help (sarcasm intended).

    Thip, Feb 27, 2006
  4. Thip

    fred-bloggs Guest

    "Thip" <> wrote in news::

    > I'm tearing out my hair!
    >
    > XP Pro, SP 2
    >
    > The Recycle Bin shows empy, but if I right-click on it and tell it to
    > empty, it tells me "Cannot delete folder Backyard Skateboarding:
    > Cannot Find Specified File or Folder."
    >
    > I've cleaned the registry. I've tried deleting it from Linux (dual
    > boot). I've tried deleting it from a Slax live CD. I've tried
    > deleting it from the command prompt. I've tried deleting Recycler
    > from the command prompt (both drives, C and D). Even though it
    > appears to have worked, no matter WHAT I do, when I reboot into
    > Windows, it's still there.

    Try Kelly's Fixes
    64.Right Column - Replace/Repair the Recycle Bin in Windows XP

    --
    fred

    fred-bloggs, Feb 27, 2006
  5. Thip

    Thip Guest

    "fred-bloggs" <> wrote in message
    > Try Kelly's Fixes
    > 64.Right Column - Replace/Repair the Recycle Bin in Windows XP
    >

    > --
    > fred

    I already did, but thanks for the suggestion.

    Thip, Feb 27, 2006
  6. Thip

    Trax Guest

    "Thip" <> wrote:

    |>The Recycle Bin shows empy, but if I right-click on it and tell it to empty,
    |>it tells me "Cannot delete folder Backyard Skateboarding: Cannot Find
    |>Specified File or Folder."

    In a command window CD to Recycled on each partition, then DIR /X see
    if there's a corrupt folder/file.
    (DIR /s shows both long and short file names)

    If you find one you might need to use killbox to remove it.
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/killbox.php

    --
    Bout as weird as it gets
    http://www.local6.com/news/7502034/detail.html

    Trax, Feb 28, 2006
  7. Thip

    danielbong

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Possible Solution to Phantom Folder/files in Recycle Bin

    I tried searching online for this as well and found this website. I was able to delete the files at last by using a program called "unlocker" - icon is a magic wand. I opened the recycle bin - it shows no file or folder, i select empty bin, the error message pops up. I close the error message, and right after it, unlocker opens and asks me what to do with the locked file. I selected move. But this time, i moved it to the desktop instead. The phantom files now appear on the desktop, then i shift delete...and Voila! no more error. Hope this helps you.

    danielbong, Sep 7, 2012