    have my folder settings set to show all files. I am using WindowsXP Home.

    Thanks,

    RLM
    =.RLM.=, Dec 24, 2003

  2. =.RLM.=

    Liz Guest

    "=.RLM.=" wrote:

    > I use EasyCleaner 2.0 and when attempting to delete "unecessary" files,
    > there is one file that is 2.5G in size (I wondered where that 2G of disk
    > space was tied up) that I cannot delete. When I go directly to the
    > folder that it is reported to be in, I find that it is non-existent. I
    > have my folder settings set to show all files. I am using WindowsXP Home.

    Also uncheck "Hide protected operating system files".
    Liz, Dec 24, 2003

  3. =.RLM.=

    Paul - xxx Guest

    =.RLM.= posted ...

    > I use EasyCleaner 2.0 and when attempting to delete "unecessary"
    > files, there is one file that is 2.5G in size (I wondered where that
    > 2G of disk space was tied up) that I cannot delete. When I go
    > directly to the folder that it is reported to be in, I find that it
    > is non-existent. I have my folder settings set to show all files. I
    > am using WindowsXP Home.

    My Sony Vaio laptop has a similar 'anomaly' on the 'D:' drive .. it's a
    hidden partition / file used in the system restore process, maybe this is
    what you also have, or something similar.

    It _can_ be deleted, but it's possible that it is a necessary addition if
    you ever want to restore your system to it's original state. In my case,
    with the Sony, I need to re-partition to retrieve the space and simply can't
    be bothered while I still have plenty other free space available for what I
    do ... ;)

    --
    Paul
    Paul - xxx, Dec 24, 2003
  4. =.RLM.=

    =.RLM.= Guest

    That didn't work either.

    The name of the file, which is in my documents and settings:
    [Temporary Internet Files\ContentIE5\index.dat] 2621440 (file size)

    Any ideas?

    Thanks,

    RLM

    =.RLM.=, Dec 24, 2003
  5. =.RLM.=

    Paul - xxx Guest

    =.RLM.= posted ...

    > That didn't work either.
    >
    > The name of the file, which is in my documents and settings:
    > [Temporary Internet Files\ContentIE5\index.dat] 2621440 (file size)

    Internet Options - Temporary Internet File - Delete Files - Delete All
    Offline Content ...

    --
    Paul
    Paul - xxx, Dec 24, 2003
  6. =.RLM.=

    Liz Guest

    Scroll down to Completely Deleting the Temporary
    Internet Files and index.dat
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm

    Liz, Dec 24, 2003
  7. =.RLM.=

    shadow self Guest

    "=.RLM.=" <> wrote in message
    > That didn't work either.
    >
    > The name of the file, which is in my documents and settings:
    > [Temporary Internet Files\ContentIE5\index.dat] 2621440 (file size)

    er... isn't that 2.5 megbytes, as opposed to gigabytes?
    shadow self, Dec 24, 2003