    This does not happen with my other two PCs on the same router.
    XP SP3, integral network port on mobo.
    Any ideas anyone ?

    Mike The Brewer, Nov 17, 2010

  2. Mike The Brewer

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 20:21:49 +0000, Mike The Brewer wrote:

    > I keep on getting a balloon pop-up stating "A network cable is
    > unplugged" followed immediatley by "Network connection is now connected"
    > this does not affect downloads in progress. Have checked my connections
    > and tried a new cable with same result.
    > This does not happen with my other two PCs on the same router. XP SP3,
    > integral network port on mobo. Any ideas anyone ?

    Switch cables.

    Meat Plow, Nov 17, 2010

  3. Mike The Brewer

    Dan C Guest

    On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 20:21:49 +0000, Mike The Brewer wrote:

    > I keep on getting a balloon pop-up stating "A network cable is
    > unplugged" followed immediatley by "Network connection is now connected"
    > this does not affect downloads in progress. Have checked my connections
    > and tried a new cable with same result.
    > This does not happen with my other two PCs on the same router. XP SP3,
    > integral network port on mobo. Any ideas anyone ?

    A clear indicator of a hard drive in need of formatting.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he dropped the razor on his gonads.

    Dan C, Nov 17, 2010
  4. Mike The Brewer

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 21:07:37 +0000, Dan C wrote:

    > On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 20:21:49 +0000, Mike The Brewer wrote:
    >
    >> I keep on getting a balloon pop-up stating "A network cable is
    >> unplugged" followed immediatley by "Network connection is now
    >> connected" this does not affect downloads in progress. Have checked my
    >> connections and tried a new cable with same result. This does not
    >> happen with my other two PCs on the same router. XP SP3, integral
    >> network port on mobo. Any ideas anyone ?

    > A clear indicator of[SLAP]

    Of your slavery to be one of the most un-witty persons to ever crawl on
    the face of the earth.

    Meat Plow, Nov 17, 2010
  5. Meat Plow wrote:

    > Mike The Brewer wrote:
    >> .. and tried a new cable with same result.

    > Switch cables.

    To ... what?

    --
    -bts
    -Could. Not. Resist.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 17, 2010
  6. Mike The Brewer

    joevan Guest

    On 17 Nov 2010 21:07:37 GMT, Dan C <>
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 20:21:49 +0000, Mike The Brewer wrote:
    >
    >> I keep on getting a balloon pop-up stating "A network cable is
    >> unplugged" followed immediatley by "Network connection is now connected"
    >> this does not affect downloads in progress. Have checked my connections
    >> and tried a new cable with same result.
    >> This does not happen with my other two PCs on the same router. XP SP3,
    >> integral network port on mobo. Any ideas anyone ?

    >A clear indicator of a hard drive in need of formatting.

    And you, a clear indicator of a nitwit trying to screw up peoples
    computers. I thought you went away. I guess it was wishful thinking.

    joevan, Nov 17, 2010
  7. Mike The Brewer

    Dan C Guest

    On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 18:26:57 -0500, joevan wrote:

    > On 17 Nov 2010 21:07:37 GMT, Dan C <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 20:21:49 +0000, Mike The Brewer wrote:
    >>
    >>> I keep on getting a balloon pop-up stating "A network cable is
    >>> unplugged" followed immediatley by "Network connection is now
    >>> connected" this does not affect downloads in progress. Have checked my
    >>> connections and tried a new cable with same result. This does not
    >>> happen with my other two PCs on the same router. XP SP3, integral
    >>> network port on mobo. Any ideas anyone ?

    >>A clear indicator of a hard drive in need of formatting.

    > And you, a clear indicator of a nitwit trying to screw up peoples
    > computers. I thought you went away. I guess it was wishful thinking.

    Quit trying to "think", dimmy. You're not equipped to do things like
    that, and you might hurt yourself.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his pit crew eating ice cream.

    Dan C, Nov 18, 2010
  8. Mike The Brewer

    VanguardLH Guest

    Mike The Brewer wrote:

    > I keep on getting a balloon pop-up stating "A network cable is unplugged"
    > followed immediatley by "Network connection is now connected" this does not
    > affect downloads in progress. Have checked my connections and tried a new
    > cable with same result.
    > This does not happen with my other two PCs on the same router.
    > XP SP3, integral network port on mobo.
    > Any ideas anyone ?

    How many NICs are defined? Control Panel -> Network Connections.

    VanguardLH, Nov 18, 2010
  9. Mike The Brewer

    G. Morgan Guest

    "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote:

    >Meat Plow wrote:
    >
    >> Mike The Brewer wrote:
    >>> .. and tried a new cable with same result.

    >> Switch cables.

    >To ... what?

    red ones

    G. Morgan, Nov 18, 2010
  10. Mike The Brewer

    Dan C Guest

    On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 18:02:45 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > Meat Plow wrote:
    >
    >> Mike The Brewer wrote:
    >>> .. and tried a new cable with same result.

    >> Switch cables.

    > To ... what?

    ROFL! Another example of the complete cluelessness of The Meat Plod.

    SPANKED again in public!

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as his rectum exploded.

    Dan C, Nov 18, 2010
  11. Mike The Brewer

    joevan Guest

    On 18 Nov 2010 13:29:18 GMT, Dan C <>
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 18:02:45 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >
    >> Meat Plow wrote:

    >>> Switch cables.

    >> To ... what?

    >ROFL! Another example of the complete cluelessness of The Meat Plod.
    >
    >SPANKED again in public!

    And you have a fucking clue. Damn clodhopper troll.

    joevan, Nov 18, 2010
  12. Mike The Brewer

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 18:02:45 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > Meat Plow wrote:
    >
    >> Mike The Brewer wrote:
    >>> .. and tried a new cable with same result.

    >> Switch cables.

    > To ... what?

    To one of the other PeeCees that don't act up?

    Meat Plow, Nov 18, 2010
  13. Mike The Brewer

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 13:29:18 +0000, Dan C wrote:

    > On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 18:02:45 -0500, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >
    >> Meat Plow wrote:

    >>> Switch cables.

    >> To ... what?

    > ROFL! Another example of

    Yes another example of the Revenge Dweeb's extreme obsession obliterating
    his ability to comprehend the OP's issues.

    Meat Plow, Nov 18, 2010
  14. Mike The Brewer

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 00:10:16 +0000, Dan C wrote:

    > On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 18:26:57 -0500, joevan wrote:

    >>>A clear indicator of a hard drive in need of formatting.

    >> And you, a clear indicator of a nitwit trying to screw up peoples
    >> computers. I thought you went away. I guess it was wishful thinking.

    > Quit trying to "think", dimmy. You're not equipped to do things like
    > that, and you might hurt yourself.

    Says the Revenge Dweeb whose only trick is to post "format your hard
    drive".

    Meat Plow, Nov 18, 2010
  15. Mike The Brewer

    Dan C Guest

    On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 18:25:59 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

    > On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 00:10:16 +0000, Dan C wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 18:26:57 -0500, joevan wrote:

    >>> And you, a clear indicator of a nitwit trying to screw up peoples
    >>> computers. I thought you went away. I guess it was wishful thinking.

    >> Quit trying to "think", dimmy. You're not equipped to do things like
    >> that, and you might hurt yourself.

    > Says the Revenge Dweeb whose only trick is to post "format your hard
    > drive".

    What is this "revenge dweeb" bullshit? What am I doing that has anything
    to do with "revenge"...? Very strange...

    Oh, and did you see anything from me about formatting anything in the
    most recent reply there above that you're talking about?

    Didn't think so. Just another lie from the Meat Plod.

    PWNED! (again...)

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he inhaled.

    Dan C, Nov 18, 2010
  16. Mike The Brewer

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 20:24:36 +0000, Dan C wrote:

    > On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 18:25:59 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

    >>> Quit trying to "think", dimmy. You're not equipped to do things like
    >>> that, and you might hurt yourself.

    >> Says the Revenge Dweeb whose only trick is to post "format your hard
    >> drive".

    > What

    Clean the shit out of your ears.

    Meat Plow, Nov 18, 2010
  17. Mike The Brewer

    joevan Guest

    On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 20:30:36 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow
    <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 20:24:36 +0000, Dan C wrote:

    >>> Says the Revenge Dweeb whose only trick is to post "format your hard
    >>> drive".

    >> What

    >Clean the shit out of your ears.

    Then the shit in his so called brain would pour out of his ears like
    scum.

    joevan, Nov 18, 2010