    Why are there no DVD releases of "Pnatasm II" or "III" (besides the fact that
    they're not the strongest of the series, of course) but instead they went right
    to "IV: Oblivion"?
    Wade365, Dec 18, 2003

  2. Wade365

    Ollie T Guest

    I always liked Phantasm II. I think the series fell apart with III and
    later. I would like to see them on DVD as well.

    HDTV games lists and discussion
    http://www.hdtvarcade.com

    Ollie T, Dec 18, 2003

  3. Wade365

    Wade365 Guest

    << Why are there no DVD releases of "Pnatasm II" or "III" (besides the fact
    that
    > they're not the strongest of the series, of course) but instead they went

    right
    > to "IV: Oblivion"?

    ....Uh, because IV wasn't a Universal disk? >>

    So then why have they not issued the other two? I realize that studios which
    own different properties can release on different schedules without
    consideration for the big picture, but I was essentially wondering why "II" or
    "III" haven't seen DVD yet without adding in the ownership (unless as was the
    case with "From Beyond" etc. where the rites are tied up in a nightmare limbo
    never to see the light of day).
    Wade365, Dec 18, 2003
  4. Wade365 wrote:
    > Why are there no DVD releases of "Pnatasm II" or "III" (besides the fact that
    > they're not the strongest of the series, of course) but instead they went right
    > to "IV: Oblivion"?

    ....Uh, because IV wasn't a Universal disk?

    Derek Janssen (y'know, it's easy, you can just say "Universal", and that
    explains ANY problem)
    Derek Janssen, Dec 18, 2003
  5. Wade365

    ThePunisher Guest

    Wade365 wrote:
    > Why are there no DVD releases of "Pnatasm II" or "III" (besides the
    > fact that they're not the strongest of the series, of course) but
    > instead they went right to "IV: Oblivion"?

    Wasn't there? (as I look up at my Phantasm I, II,and III boxset)

    --
    ThePunisher

    Chap with the wings there, put 5 rounds in him.
    ThePunisher, Dec 18, 2003
  6. Wade365

    Wade365 Guest

    << Wasn't there? (as I look up at my Phantasm I, II,and III boxset) >>

    What kind of a playground taunt is this? How about sharing a little of that
    Masonic information instead of "I've Got Mine" fanboy bullshit?
    Wade365, Dec 18, 2003
  7. Wade365

    ThePunisher Guest

    Wade365 wrote:
    > << Wasn't there? (as I look up at my Phantasm I, II,and III boxset) >>
    >
    > What kind of a playground taunt is this? How about sharing a little
    > of that Masonic information instead of "I've Got Mine" fanboy
    > bullshit?

    Try looking outside you country, there is a far bigger world out there.

    ThePunisher, Dec 19, 2003
  8. Wade365

    Wade365 Guest

    << Try looking outside you country, there is a far bigger world out there. >>

    You're the sort that gives fandom and newsgroups a bad name... now toddle off
    to your tea pot and leave the rest of us to have grown-up talk time, ok?
    Wade365, Dec 19, 2003
  9. Wade365

    DRO Guest

    Wade365 wrote:

    > Why are there no DVD releases of "Pnatasm II" or "III" (besides the fact that
    > they're not the strongest of the series, of course) but instead they went right
    > to "IV: Oblivion"?

    Phantasm 2 and 3 are available from amazon uk, (reg 2 pal) if you have a multi
    region multi format player, and they aren't that expensive or hard to get (Players
    that is)
    DRO, Dec 25, 2003
  10. Wade365

    Wade365 Guest

    << Phantasm 2 and 3 are available from amazon uk, (reg 2 pal) if you have a
    multi
    region multi format player, and they aren't that expensive or hard to get
    (Players
    that is) >>

    I am region-free, so thanks for the tip... finally, someone who offers a little
    more than gradeshcool response!

    Tell me, what are the basic parameters of the discs in question, are they
    anamorphic? Any extras?
    Wade365, Dec 26, 2003
  11. Wade365

    S.D. Hester Guest

    On 26 Dec 2003 10:19:47 GMT, (Wade365) wrote:

    ><< Phantasm 2 and 3 are available from amazon uk, (reg 2 pal) if you have a
    >multi
    >region multi format player, and they aren't that expensive or hard to get
    >(Players
    >that is) >>
    >
    >I am region-free, so thanks for the tip... finally, someone who offers a little
    >more than gradeshcool response!
    >
    >Tell me, what are the basic parameters of the discs in question, are they
    >anamorphic? Any extras?

    'fraid not, they're full screen (I'd say pan and scan, but I'm not
    sure whether they were filmed that way in the first place), they were
    pretty cheap when I last saw any copies. I'd have a sniff around for
    some details on them before committing.

    Talking of this, does anyone out there know if there'a a plan to
    release a decent version of Hellraiser III anytime soon, I have a
    reallly rough looking copy of it from Lion's Gate which is Full
    Screen.

    Cheers

    SDH

    If you want to email me just remove 'Nospam' from
    my address.
    S.D. Hester, Dec 28, 2003