    Ash Ridley Guest

    Does anyone know if there is a version (and if so which version) of PGP that
    will run under x64?
    Ash Ridley, Sep 5, 2005

  2. Ash Ridley

    Alex Griffin Guest

    "Ash Ridley" <-ridley.net> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know if there is a version (and if so which version) of PGP
    > that
    > will run under x64?

    I use this:

    http://www.gnupg.org/

    With this:

    http://www.stud.uni-hannover.de/~twoaday/winpt.html

    Which will work fine for encoding/decoding files, if you want the disk
    encryption facilities then you would have to get a version of PGP with a 64
    bit driver, I have no idea if that is available or not.

    <PGP Whinge>I stopped using PGP when they brought their subscription model
    in, and they also messed those of us in Europe around by having a different
    website that had crap support and an overcomplex way of acquiring the
    software. They were probably trying to give Europeans better support, but
    for those of us who can speak English and deal with our American cousins it
    failed miserably.</PGP Whinge>

    So now I use GnuPG instead..... It does not have all the features that the
    PGP software has, but it allows me to clear sign stuff and decrypt/encrypt
    files which is all I really needed.

    Good luck,

    --
    Alex Griffin
    Alex Griffin, Sep 5, 2005

  3. Ash Ridley wrote:
    > Does anyone know if there is a version (and if so which version) of PGP that
    > will run under x64?

    Hello Ash,

    I cannot comment on PGP, however, you can try GPG from
    http://www.gnupg.org/. I have been using this product with Thunderbird
    for over a year and I am very happy with it.

    HTH,

    --
    Steve Thompson
    Online 64 .NET | http://www.online64.net