    I guess that PGP requires too much handwork, but I did not see anything else

    RGDS
    Jim

    JHLee, Dec 25, 2003

  2. JHLee

    Toshi1873 Guest

    In article <bsemvv$4l4$>, says...
    > Hello all
    >
    > Does anyone know any alternatives to PGP ?
    > I guess that PGP requires too much handwork, but I did not see anything else
    >
    > RGDS
    > Jim

    Alternatives to do what? What are you trying to secure and what threats are
    you trying to defend against?

    Toshi1873, Dec 25, 2003

  3. In article <bsemvv$4l4$>, says...
    > Hello all
    >
    > Does anyone know any alternatives to PGP ?
    > I guess that PGP requires too much handwork, but I did not see anything else
    >
    > RGDS
    > Jim

    GnuPGP

    as for hardwork, PGP is easy.

    --
    Colonel Flagg
    http://www.internetwarzone.org/

    Privacy at a click:
    http://www.cotse.net

    A: None, he just defines Darkness? as the new industry standard..."

    "...I see stupid people."

    Colonel Flagg, Dec 25, 2003
  4. JHLee

    JHLee Guest

    I am sorry for unclear posting. I am talking about the alternatives for mail
    security, which will comply the following:
    - point-to-point
    - strong cryptography
    - easy to use

    The only thing, which I have found was www.cryptoletter.com, but this thing
    does not seem to be trusted enough...

    JHLee, Dec 26, 2003
  5. JHLee

    Pete Guest

    "JHLee" <> wrote in message
    > Hello all
    >
    > Does anyone know any alternatives to PGP ?
    > I guess that PGP requires too much handwork, but I did not see anything

    else

    > RGDS
    > Jim

    You say 'I guess that PGP requires too much handiwork', have you actually
    tried it yet, or is that an 'Americanism' ?

    If not ...

    Think up a good passphrase. Download and install the free program (6.5.8)
    (http://www.pgpi.org), selecting whatever plug-ins you need for your set up.
    Enter your email address and the passphrase you thought of earlier. Back up
    your
    Private Keys, which the program will prompt you to do anyway. A quick read
    of the supplied documentation will get you up and running in no time. You
    can study the finer points of cryptography later at your leeesure.

    How hard is that ? You want strong cryptography and presumably for free, yet
    this procedure is too much handiwork ?

    10-15 minutes is all it takes if a person can be bothered, to learn the
    basics of PGP, or GPG (+ 10 mins) if you're on Linux-flavour machine. It is
    *not* too much handiwork, for what you get in return.

    Sorry for the semi-rant, but this program (PGP) rocks and is extremely
    straightforward to set up. It just never seems to get the audience it
    deserves, which I know isn't your fault directly. For just a little effort,
    the same as anyone would apply (hopefully) when installing any new
    application, you get a lot of power in return, and in most cases, totally
    for free.

    Regards,

    qANQR1DBwU4DcknypCkkg8oQB/0cyJzbIGmc

    Pete, Dec 27, 2003
  6. JHLee <> wrote:
    > Does anyone know any alternatives to PGP ?
    > I guess that PGP requires too much handwork, but I did not see anything else

    S/MIME for one.. -Ali

    --
    OpenPGP Key: 030E44E6

    Ali-Reza Anghaie, Dec 27, 2003
  7. JHLee

    louaquino_2011

    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2011
    Messages:
    1

    Hello,

    For sending secure message or encrypting email messages. I suggest to use PDF Postman. You can find it here www.encryptomatic.com. For PDF Postman, it will encrypt the email messages with Advance Encryption Standard (AES) 128 bit and automatically converts the file into a PDF file that can be read through any computer and mobile that has acrobat reader installed.

    This works well for me. It has a trial period of 15 days but I have purchased the licensed key and it is all worth it.

    Hope you can check it out.

    Thanks.

    louaquino_2011, Oct 19, 2011