    simplest things to do --sit cast and creators in front of tv and record what
    they say. So I am always shocked when DVDs are released without them. To
    not have a commentary by Hogan, Hurd-Wood and Sumpter seems unforgivable.
    rwright, Mar 7, 2004

  2. rwright

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <2TK2c.395$>, rwright
    <> wrote:

    > According to the specs I have seen, it does not look as if PETER PAN will
    > be released on DVD with an audio commentary. This seems like one of the
    > simplest things to do --sit cast and creators in front of tv and record what
    > they say. So I am always shocked when DVDs are released without them. To
    > not have a commentary by Hogan, Hurd-Wood and Sumpter seems unforgivable.

    If they have nothing to say, or at least nothing that would last the
    duration of the film, there's nothing wrong with not having a
    commentary. Don't force people to do them :)

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS
    Invid Fan, Mar 7, 2004

  3. rwright

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <404b9186$0$3090$>, Derek Janssen
    <> wrote:

    > Invid Fan wrote:
    >
    > >>According to the specs I have seen, it does not look as if PETER PAN will
    > >>be released on DVD with an audio commentary. This seems like one of the
    > >>simplest things to do --sit cast and creators in front of tv and record what
    > >>they say. So I am always shocked when DVDs are released without them. To
    > >>not have a commentary by Hogan, Hurd-Wood and Sumpter seems unforgivable.

    > > If they have nothing to say, or at least nothing that would last the
    > > duration of the film, there's nothing wrong with not having a
    > > commentary. Don't force people to do them :)

    > Also, the studio thinks "Family films don't need commentary"--
    > Which is a useful justification for not bothering to show the studio
    > support for one after the disappointing box office.

    On the one hand, they sometimes do that. On the other, studios are also
    known to pack box office disappointments with extras to try and up dvd
    sales to make up for it. You can use whatever reasoning you want to
    justify studio actions, assuming they use reason.

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS
    Invid Fan, Mar 8, 2004
  4. and if you've ever had a pan hit your peter, you KNOW how painful that can be.
    Waterperson77, Mar 8, 2004
  5. Invid Fan wrote:

    >>According to the specs I have seen, it does not look as if PETER PAN will
    >>be released on DVD with an audio commentary. This seems like one of the
    >>simplest things to do --sit cast and creators in front of tv and record what
    >>they say. So I am always shocked when DVDs are released without them. To
    >>not have a commentary by Hogan, Hurd-Wood and Sumpter seems unforgivable.

    > If they have nothing to say, or at least nothing that would last the
    > duration of the film, there's nothing wrong with not having a
    > commentary. Don't force people to do them :)

    Also, the studio thinks "Family films don't need commentary"--
    Which is a useful justification for not bothering to show the studio
    support for one after the disappointing box office.

    Derek Janssen
    Derek Janssen, Mar 8, 2004