    Does your widescreen DVD have an insert? Mine came with no insert. If it
    has one, what is on it? Can you describe it? Do you think I should get
    another copy of the DVD and get an insert?

    JAM, May 17, 2004

  2. Insert? C'mon... it's Universal!

    mine had no insert

    Michael Rogers, May 17, 2004

  3. JAM

    JAM Guest

    I just checked all four of my Universal DVDs.

    Title DVD Release Year
    The Birds 2000
    Erin Brockovich 2000
    Billy Elliot 2001
    The Andromeda Strain 2003

    All four of the above titles have an insert with the chapter stops listed.

    Is the lack of an insert in Peter Pan a recent move by Universal, or do you
    think they have employees who don't do their job?

    JAM, May 18, 2004
  4. It's a fairly recent development (just like the non skipable ads at disc
    load up). The most recent Universal DVD new release I got was Hulk and
    it had no insert.

    Mike

    Michael Rogers, May 18, 2004
  5. JAM

    Bruce G. Guest

    My copy of Disney's Miracle did not have an insert.

    Bruce G., May 19, 2004
  6. JAM

    Bruce G., May 19, 2004
  7. JAM

    JAM Guest

    Disney either? Maybe there is a trend developing. Perhaps in the long run
    the inserts aren't necessary?

    Bruce G. did you buy Peter Pan? Did it have an insert?

    JAM

    PS. Thank you Michael R. In addition to the list below, I forgot to
    include that my copy of Seabiscuit didn't have an insert, but my friend says
    he got one in his. Seabiscuit is Universal and DreamWorks.

    JAM, May 19, 2004
  8. JAM

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <FSEqc.56296$>, JAM
    <> wrote:

    > Disney either? Maybe there is a trend developing. Perhaps in the long run
    > the inserts aren't necessary?

    The only time I can see them being needed is for either
    musicals/concert videos, or collections of tv episodes/shorts.

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

    Invid Fan, May 19, 2004
  9. JAM

    Ronald Cole Guest

    Invid Fan <> writes:
    > In article <FSEqc.56296$>, JAM
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Disney either? Maybe there is a trend developing. Perhaps in the long run
    >> the inserts aren't necessary?
    >>

    > The only time I can see them being needed is for either
    > musicals/concert videos, or collections of tv episodes/shorts.

    They're helpful when I want to start a movie at a certain chapter
    (e.g., Attack of the Clones is watchable when started at chapter 9,
    and skipping all the Naboo scenes).

    Ronald Cole <> Phone: (760) 499-9142
    President, CEO Fax: (760) 499-9152

    Ronald Cole, May 31, 2004
  10. JAM

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <-intl.com>, Ronald Cole
    <> wrote:

    > Invid Fan <> writes:
    > > In article <FSEqc.56296$>, JAM
    > > <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Disney either? Maybe there is a trend developing. Perhaps in the long run
    > >> the inserts aren't necessary?
    > >>

    > > The only time I can see them being needed is for either
    > > musicals/concert videos, or collections of tv episodes/shorts.

    > They're helpful when I want to start a movie at a certain chapter
    > (e.g., Attack of the Clones is watchable when started at chapter 9,
    > and skipping all the Naboo scenes).

    You can use the scene select to start at that chapter. Inserts with
    chapter listings, for me, only tend to come in handy when I want to see
    what songs are coming up in a concert, and may want to skip ahead a
    bit.

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

    Invid Fan, May 31, 2004