Peter - Help with Firefox Crashing?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Roland Deodorant, Feb 16, 2008.

  1. Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    <> wrote in news:forfp6$fum$1
    @news.datemas.de:

    > Roland Deodorant wrote:
    >> Leonidas Jones <> wrote in

    >>> Have you tried starting FF in Safe Mode?
    >>>
    >>> Lee
    >>>

    >> No, how would that help?

    > it would tell us whether its a FF problem or something else.
    >
    > You didn't say if you're using windows, but I'll describe
    > what to do in windows: close FF, then click on the windows
    > start button, then run and enter:
    >
    > firefox.exe -safe-mode
    >
    > Does FF crash? Also, when you report back, please state what
    > operating system you're using, and what do you do to make it
    > crash. Also, what themes and extensions you're using with FF.

    Thanks man, I haven't tried what you said until I reported back. I am
    running XP, it is always when I minimize firefox. Also, I have coolaris
    and foxit but things were bad before i added those. I don't use any
    themes.

    Roland Deodorant, Feb 16, 2008

  2. Help with Firefox Crashing?

    Roland Deodorant <> wrote in news:Xns9A4660CA21E5ARD@
    216.196.97.131:

    >> it would tell us whether its a FF problem or something else.
    >>
    >> You didn't say if you're using windows, but I'll describe
    >> what to do in windows: close FF, then click on the windows
    >> start button, then run and enter:
    >>
    >> firefox.exe -safe-mode
    >>
    >> Does FF crash? Also, when you report back, please state what
    >> operating system you're using, and what do you do to make it
    >> crash. Also, what themes and extensions you're using with FF.
    >>

    > Thanks man, I haven't tried what you said until I reported back. I am
    > running XP, it is always when I minimize firefox. Also, I have coolaris
    > and foxit but things were bad before i added those. I don't use any
    > themes.

    Any help anyone?

    Roland Ultra Deodorant, Feb 18, 2008

  3. Re: Help with Firefox Crashing?

    Roland Ultra Deodorant wrote:
    > Roland Deodorant <> wrote in news:Xns9A4660CA21E5ARD@
    > 216.196.97.131:
    >
    >>> it would tell us whether its a FF problem or something else.
    >>>
    >>> You didn't say if you're using windows, but I'll describe
    >>> what to do in windows: close FF, then click on the windows
    >>> start button, then run and enter:
    >>>
    >>> firefox.exe -safe-mode
    >>>
    >>> Does FF crash? Also, when you report back, please state what
    >>> operating system you're using, and what do you do to make it
    >>> crash. Also, what themes and extensions you're using with FF.
    >>>

    >> Thanks man, I haven't tried what you said until I reported back. I am
    >> running XP, it is always when I minimize firefox. Also, I have coolaris
    >> and foxit but things were bad before i added those. I don't use any
    >> themes.

    > Any help anyone?

    well, we're waiting for you to try what I suggested and
    report back your experiences. So far, you haven't.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Feb 18, 2008
  4. Re: Help with Firefox Crashing?

    On 2008-02-18, Roland Ultra Deodorant <> wrote:

    > Any help anyone?

    First, try Firefox's "safe mode" as previously suggested. If that fixes
    it, the problem is likely one of your add-ons. Disable them all, then
    re-enable one at a time until you find the problem.

    If "safe mode" didn't fix it, you'll have to look deeper. Perhaps a
    video driver issue?

    --

    John ()

    John Thompson, Feb 19, 2008