    AdDestroyer - Adware
    SpediaBar - Adware

    Thanks for the input in advance :)

    Sens Fan Happy In Ohio, Nov 15, 2004

  2. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio wrote:

    > Just ran a recent scan of a system here at work that's been plagued
    > recently with spyware and came across some interesting developments.
    > Both AdAware and Spybot (newest and most updated versions) missed
    > several pieces of spyware, according to the free online scan at
    > www.pestscan.com
    >
    > Anyone have any clue as to why the two "best" scanners are missing
    > these and yet this unknown scanner picks these up? And is it worth it
    > to spend the $s to get Pest Patrol just to remove these things?
    >
    > PestScan found:
    >
    > Win32/TrojanDownloader.Rameh.C trojan - Downloader
    > SAHagent - Spyware
    > Ezula - Adware
    > AdDestroyer - Adware
    > SpediaBar - Adware
    >
    > Thanks for the input in advance :)

    I've had similar experience. I use the free PestPatrol scan to finish
    cleaning up manually after running Spybot and Adaware. Not that I could
    really tell what was left was doing any harm, but it feels better to be
    cleaner. I do the same with antivirus. After the main program scan, I
    like to run a couple of other antivirus programs to see what they catch
    that the first one didn't. Not unusual at all to find more stuff.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Nov 15, 2004

  3. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    Mellowed Guest

    I ended up buying PestPatrol because it solved a problem both AdAware and
    Spybot missed. I first used the manual edit. But, when I had Registry
    entries to remove I went the safe way and purchased the full version for
    automatically removal. It has been well worth the investment.

    I think it is safe to say that all of these scanners compliment each other.
    Just don't rely on just one package.

    Mellowed, Nov 15, 2004