PestBlock prog LIES

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Robert Baer, Nov 6, 2005.

  1. Robert Baer

    Robert Baer Guest

    Robert Baer wrote:

    > I have scanned my system with Spy Sweeper, Ad-Aware SE Personal,
    > Spybot Search and Destroy, and PestBlock.
    > Only PestBlock shows Alexa toolbar in the registry.
    > That registry location "points" to three system files, which i have
    > replaced with clean files from my win OS CD, and *still* PestBlock gives
    > the exact same complaint.
    > Since none of the other checkers show any hint of Alexa, i do not want
    > to "vote" with $25 to get their full version, until i know what is
    > wrong: their Alexa toolbar insistance, or all the other checkers.
    >
    > Any suggestions for other free checkers?
    > Any comments as to the accuracy of PestBlock?

    I started with a brand new hard drive, installed Win98Se and then
    PestBlock, with NO modems, cables or other connctions to the internet or
    other computer.
    It reports that the Alexa Toolbar is present, just like in my
    previous running system.
    Hell, it reports that even with all three of those system files absent!

    Robert Baer, Nov 6, 2005