PESQ Vs E-Model R-factor

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by allug, Apr 5, 2006.

  1. allug

    allug Guest

    Hello guys,

    I have a question regarding the methods used to measure Voice Quality.
    We have a product that is a VoIP ADSL Gateway. It has two FXS ports.
    We have two equipments that we use to measure Voice Quality.

    1. Digital Speech Level Analyser from Malden which uses PAMS, PESQ
    2. Ameritec CRS-A Analog Call generator with makes bulk calls and also
    measures Voice Quality based on E-Model R-factor.

    We usually connected two such gateways and make calls between them.

    Can anyone please suggest which is the best method to measure voice
    quality?

    Ours isn't a live network. Hence sending test signals doesn't matter
    much for us. Basically it is a test Lab.

    So, I would be very much thankful to you if anyone could point out the
    merits/demerits of both the methods above.

    Thanks in advance.

    Regards,
    allug

    allug, Apr 5, 2006