  1. Anyone know how to change it?

    I read in one forum that I should d-l the icon extension. However
    *finding* an extension in the list is a nightmare.

    buggerbuggerbugger, Jul 17, 2004

  2. Anyone know how to change it?

    buggerbuggerbugger, Jul 24, 2004

  3. buggerbuggerbugger

    AyntRyte Guest

    AyntRyte, Jul 24, 2004
  4. buggerbuggerbugger

    S.Rodgers Guest

    On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 00:10:53 -0500, AyntRyte <>
    wrote:

    >buggerbuggerbugger wrote:
    >

    >> Anyone know how to change it?
    >>
    >> I read in one forum that I should d-l the icon extension. However
    >> *finding* an extension in the list is a nightmare.

    >http://iconpacks.mozdev.org/packs/firefox-experimental.html

    Or you can do this easily, though manually, and use the icon of your
    choice. If you're an iconaholic, as I am <g>, you just need to follow
    these step:

    - choose the icon you want to use
    - locate the chrome folder found where you installed FF. I always
    customize my installations slightly to reflect version #, etc., so
    this probably won't be the same as what everyone else has. My chrome
    folder is located in this path:

    C:\Program Files\Firefox v0.9.2\chrome.

    - create a folder in your chrome folder and label it "icons"
    - open that folder and create another one nested within that one
    called "default"

    You'll then have something like this:

    C:\Program Files\Firefox v0.9.2\chrome\icons\default

    - copy your chosen icon into this default folder
    - rename that icon, exactly, to "main-window.ico".
    - close all isntances of FF, if you have more than one window open by
    any chance, and next time you launch, you'll see your icon on the
    taskbar instead of the generic windows one.

    Good luck with whichever method you choose to go with.

    :eek:D

    S.Rodgers, Jul 24, 2004
  5. buggerbuggerbugger, Jul 26, 2004
  6. buggerbuggerbugger

    John Coxon Guest

    In the two thousand and fourth year of Bob, S.Rodgers's voice said the
    following, in wonderful perfect quadrophonic sound with distortion levels so
    low as to make a man weep:

    > On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 00:10:53 -0500, AyntRyte <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>buggerbuggerbugger wrote:
    >>

    >>>Anyone know how to change it?
    >>>
    >>>I read in one forum that I should d-l the icon extension. However
    >>>*finding* an extension in the list is a nightmare.

    >>http://iconpacks.mozdev.org/packs/firefox-experimental.html

    > Or you can do this easily, though manually, and use the icon of your
    > choice. If you're an iconaholic, as I am <g>, you just need to follow
    > these step:
    >
    > - choose the icon you want to use
    > - locate the chrome folder found where you installed FF. I always
    > customize my installations slightly to reflect version #, etc., so
    > this probably won't be the same as what everyone else has. My chrome
    > folder is located in this path:
    >
    > C:\Program Files\Firefox v0.9.2\chrome.
    >
    > - create a folder in your chrome folder and label it "icons"
    > - open that folder and create another one nested within that one
    > called "default"
    >
    > You'll then have something like this:
    >
    > C:\Program Files\Firefox v0.9.2\chrome\icons\default
    >
    > - copy your chosen icon into this default folder
    > - rename that icon, exactly, to "main-window.ico".
    > - close all isntances of FF, if you have more than one window open by
    > any chance, and next time you launch, you'll see your icon on the
    > taskbar instead of the generic windows one.
    >
    > Good luck with whichever method you choose to go with.
    >
    > :eek:D

    Is there a program which can make .ico files? I don't think I can make them
    myself, I may be wrong.

    --
    John Coxon

    As far as we know, our computer has never had an undetected error.

    E-mail:
    Website: http://alphacentauri.8k.com
    LiveJournal: http://www.livejournal.com/~johncoxon
    Missing footnotes: http://www.nut.house.cx/cgi-bin/nemowiki.pl?ISFN

    John Coxon, Aug 9, 2004
  7. buggerbuggerbugger

    Arne Guest

    John Coxon wrote:

    > In the two thousand and fourth year of Bob, S.Rodgers's voice said the
    > following, in wonderful perfect quadrophonic sound with distortion levels so
    > low as to make a man weep:
    >

    >>On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 00:10:53 -0500, AyntRyte <>
    >>wrote:

    >>>http://iconpacks.mozdev.org/packs/firefox-experimental.html

    >>Or you can do this easily, though manually, and use the icon of your
    >>choice. If you're an iconaholic, as I am <g>, you just need to follow
    >>these step:
    >>
    >>- choose the icon you want to use
    >>- locate the chrome folder found where you installed FF. I always
    >>customize my installations slightly to reflect version #, etc., so
    >>this probably won't be the same as what everyone else has. My chrome
    >>folder is located in this path:
    >>
    >> C:\Program Files\Firefox v0.9.2\chrome.
    >>
    >>- create a folder in your chrome folder and label it "icons"
    >>- open that folder and create another one nested within that one
    >>called "default"
    >>
    >>You'll then have something like this:
    >>
    >>C:\Program Files\Firefox v0.9.2\chrome\icons\default
    >>
    >>- copy your chosen icon into this default folder
    >>- rename that icon, exactly, to "main-window.ico".
    >>- close all isntances of FF, if you have more than one window open by
    >>any chance, and next time you launch, you'll see your icon on the
    >>taskbar instead of the generic windows one.
    >>
    >>Good luck with whichever method you choose to go with.
    >>
    >> :eek:D

    > Is there a program which can make .ico files? I don't think I can make them
    > myself, I may be wrong.

    Irfanwiew (http://www.irfanview.com/) I understand is a popular program,
    not only for making .ico files, but that is the main thing I use it for.

    --
    Arne

    Arne, Aug 9, 2004
  8. buggerbuggerbugger