    turned echo supression on/off.

    In the hope that someone can give me a definitive pointer, I ask for
    help here..!

    Jono, Feb 13, 2008

  2. Jono

    Paul Hayes Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > I've been battling an issue with Echo on Analogue extensions of a
    > Atsterisk PBX.
    >
    > The analogue extensions are connected to the PBX by way of a Linksys
    > SPA8000.
    >
    > There is a fairly long cable length between the SPA8000 & the handsets.
    >
    > I've twiddled & tweaked, turned echo canx up/down, gains up/down, turned
    > echo supression on/off.
    >
    > In the hope that someone can give me a definitive pointer, I ask for
    > help here..!

    Pretty sure I've spoken to you about this before but who hears the echo?
    The people on the analogue extensions or the people at the far end?
    Are all the analogue phones the same and if so have you tried using a
    different handset to see if that makes a difference?

    cheers,
    Paul.

    Paul Hayes, Feb 14, 2008

  3. Jono

    alexd Guest

    On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 20:06:01 +0000, Jono wrote:

    > The analogue extensions are connected to the PBX by way of a Linksys
    > SPA8000.
    >
    > There is a fairly long cable length between the SPA8000 & the handsets.
    >
    > I've twiddled & tweaked, turned echo canx up/down, gains up/down, turned
    > echo supression on/off.
    >
    > In the hope that someone can give me a definitive pointer, I ask for
    > help here..!

    Well, not sure about definitive, but I'd start with a simple process of
    elimination. Do you get echo if you plug a handset straight into the
    SPA8000 without the long cable in between? Perhaps the SPA8000 is
    designed with US line impedence in mind and the handsets are expecting UK
    line impedence? Not sure what you can do about that if there isn't a
    setting for it, short of getting out the soldering iron...

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    09:35:31 up 5 days, 12:37, 2 users, load average: 1.23, 1.10, 1.02

    alexd, Feb 14, 2008
  4. Jono

    Jono Guest

    Paul Hayes formulated the question :
    > Jono wrote:
    >> Hello
    >>
    >> I've been battling an issue with Echo on Analogue extensions of a Atsterisk
    >> PBX.
    >>
    >> The analogue extensions are connected to the PBX by way of a Linksys
    >> SPA8000.
    >>
    >> There is a fairly long cable length between the SPA8000 & the handsets.
    >>
    >> I've twiddled & tweaked, turned echo canx up/down, gains up/down, turned
    >> echo supression on/off.
    >>
    >> In the hope that someone can give me a definitive pointer, I ask for help
    >> here..!
    >>

    > Pretty sure I've spoken to you about this before but who hears the echo?
    > The people on the analogue extensions or the people at the far end? Are all
    > the analogue phones the same and if so have you tried using a different
    > handset to see if that makes a difference?

    Yes, Paul, you're right; we have spoken about it.

    I've tried different handsets.

    The echo heard is by the local analogue extension user & it is their
    own voice that is heard.

    There is no echo apparent on the Snom handsets.....so am fairly
    confident that my problem lies somewhere between the user & the SPA....

    Jono, Feb 14, 2008