    want to go with hotmail or yahoo etc, anybody found a good solution to have
    a permanent e mail address?

    Thanks

    Molecule, Nov 8, 2008

  2. Molecule

    richard Guest

    On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 00:14:33 -0000, "Molecule" <> wrote:

    >I have moved a lot over the years and I had to change my email address very
    >often. Was thinking of getting a personalized email that works in OE, not
    >too bothered about the storage space that comes with it. Looked around and
    >there are so many sites offering it, is it worth having one? I just don't
    >want to go with hotmail or yahoo etc, anybody found a good solution to have
    >a permanent e mail address?
    >
    >Thanks

    mail.usa.com has always been good to me.
    very little spam.
    only problem is, they attach stuff to your incoming mail.
    but also allow you get/send mail via OE, for a small price.

    richard, Nov 8, 2008

  3. Molecule

    thanatoid Guest

    "Molecule" <> wrote in

    > I have moved a lot over the years and I had to change my
    > email address very often. Was thinking of getting a
    > personalized email that works in OE, not too bothered about
    > the storage space that comes with it. Looked around and
    > there are so many sites offering it, is it worth having
    > one? I just don't want to go with hotmail or yahoo etc,
    > anybody found a good solution to have a permanent e mail
    > address?
    >
    > Thanks

    www.softhome.net

    Webmail free, smtp/pop3 with extra features $15-$60 year
    depending on storage capacity.

    --
    "May you live in interesting times."
    (curse, origin disputed)

    thanatoid, Nov 8, 2008
  4. Molecule

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 19:05:25 -0800, richard <>
    wrote:

    >mail.usa.com has always been good to me.
    >very little spam.
    >only problem is, they attach stuff to your incoming mail.
    >but also allow you get/send mail via OE, for a small price.

    Wow, you mean you can only use OE? Not Thunderbird?

    Or do you mean they allow you POP access? Which just about everyone
    does "for a small price" like gmail does?

    Evan Platt, Nov 8, 2008
  5. Molecule

    thanatoid Guest

    Evan Platt <> wrote in

    > On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 19:05:25 -0800, richard
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>mail.usa.com has always been good to me.
    >>very little spam.
    >>only problem is, they attach stuff to your incoming mail.
    >>but also allow you get/send mail via OE, for a small price.

    Those 2 things make it 100% unacceptable IMO.

    > Wow, you mean you can only use OE? Not Thunderbird?
    >
    > Or do you mean they allow you POP access? Which just about
    > everyone does "for a small price" like gmail does?

    I access gmail via a 250KB pop client and I do not pay even a
    "small price". What are you talking about?

    thanatoid, Nov 8, 2008
  6. Molecule

    Evan Platt Guest

    On 08 Nov 2008 05:19:03 GMT, thanatoid <>
    wrote:

    >I access gmail via a 250KB pop client and I do not pay even a
    >"small price". What are you talking about?

    True, there's that route, which I tried with Yahoo. However about one
    in 10 messages made YPOP choke.

    Evan Platt, Nov 8, 2008
  7. Molecule

    richard Guest

    On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 20:11:50 -0800, Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 19:05:25 -0800, richard <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>mail.usa.com has always been good to me.
    >>very little spam.
    >>only problem is, they attach stuff to your incoming mail.
    >>but also allow you get/send mail via OE, for a small price.

    >Wow, you mean you can only use OE? Not Thunderbird?
    >
    >Or do you mean they allow you POP access? Which just about everyone
    >does "for a small price" like gmail does?

    On the web interface, you get those nice flashy ads.
    I used OE because that was what the OP was using.
    It will work with any pop3 mail client.
    If you pay for the service, then you don't see ads attached to the
    mail.

    You should try reading their info before mouthing off.

    richard, Nov 8, 2008
  8. Molecule

    thanatoid Guest

    Evan Platt <> wrote in

    > On 08 Nov 2008 05:19:03 GMT, thanatoid
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>I access gmail via a 250KB pop client and I do not pay even
    >>a "small price". What are you talking about?

    > True, there's that route, which I tried with Yahoo. However
    > about one in 10 messages made YPOP choke.

    Well, Yahoo sucks and whatever you use for the POP client may
    suck as well. I am not a big fan of Google, in fact I consider
    them one of the "evil 3", but the fact gmail works so
    beautifully with my email program (nPop) is just wonderful.
    Nobody's choked on anything yet, either.

    Oh, and BTW, death to webmail.

    thanatoid, Nov 8, 2008
  9. Molecule

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 00:14:33 -0000, Molecule wrote:

    >I have moved a lot over the years and I had to change my email address very

    As Mike E said.

    >often. Was thinking of getting a personalized email that works in OE, not

    In OE only? OE(6) works with pop3/imap/http for incoming and smtp
    outgoing.

    Perhaps you do want a vanity address that you can set to redirect to
    whatever current ISP you have at the time? Maybe a personalized html
    email template?

    >too bothered about the storage space that comes with it. Looked around and

    1and1.co.uk perhaps? 81 pence/month.
    http://order.1and1.co.uk/xml/order/MailInstantMail
    2GB storage, 5 pop3/imap accounts , your me @ somedomainname.co.uk ,
    webmail, spam / phishing protection.

    Or
    http://www.mail.com/
    3GB storage, spam/av protection, address book.

    >there are so many sites offering it, is it worth having one? I just don't
    >want to go with hotmail or yahoo etc, anybody found a good solution to have
    >a permanent e mail address?

    You can register your own domain name, use a mail redirector service,
    purchase a mail account only from a hosting provider.

    Soon you could even change to @virgin.net

    >Thanks

    Me

    why?, Nov 8, 2008
  10. Molecule

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2008-11-08, Molecule <> wrote:
    > I have moved a lot over the years and I had to change my email address very
    > often. Was thinking of getting a personalized email that works in OE, not
    > too bothered about the storage space that comes with it. Looked around and
    > there are so many sites offering it, is it worth having one?

    At least one, I think.

    > I just don't
    > want to go with hotmail or yahoo etc, anybody found a good solution to have
    > a permanent e mail address?
    >
    > Thanks

    Choose one of the many you've found, and sign up for it. To get POP,
    IMAP, and SMTP (so that you can read and send using whatever email program
    you like), will probably cost you a small fee. Only you can decide
    whether or not a particular service suits you.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Nov 8, 2008
  11. Molecule

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 21:47:38 -0800, richard <>
    wrote:

    >You should try reading their info before mouthing off.

    You should try getting a clue before... Oh, that will never happen.
    Never mind.

    Evan Platt, Nov 8, 2008