    trendsetter in its way. It was released on VHS and Laser .. Have
    there been any rumblings at all about a DVD release?

    ... Steve ..

    Steve(JazzHunter), Jan 31, 2006

  2. Steve(JazzHunter)

    Guest

    Steve(JazzHunter) wrote:
    > The Geffen-Warner film "Personal Best" was pretty decent, and a
    > trendsetter in its way. It was released on VHS and Laser .. Have
    > there been any rumblings at all about a DVD release?
    >
    > .. Steve ..

    Been looking forward to owning that one myself,in fact it seems that I
    have been waiting forever and a day for it to come out on dvd!
    Frankly seeing as it has already been out on tape and on laser I cannot
    understand why it has not been put out on DVD long ago,especially so as
    (IMHO) it was Mariels best movie to date,and more than likely her best
    film ever as after STAR 80 she flew off into that B & TV Movie Twilight
    Zone!

    , Feb 2, 2006

  3. On 2 Feb 2006 13:26:17 -0800, wrote:

    >Steve(JazzHunter) wrote:
    >> The Geffen-Warner film "Personal Best" was pretty decent, and a
    >> trendsetter in its way. It was released on VHS and Laser .. Have
    >> there been any rumblings at all about a DVD release?
    >>
    >> .. Steve ..

    >Been looking forward to owning that one myself,in fact it seems that I
    >have been waiting forever and a day for it to come out on dvd!
    >Frankly seeing as it has already been out on tape and on laser I cannot
    >understand why it has not been put out on DVD long ago,especially so as
    >(IMHO) it was Mariels best movie to date,and more than likely her best
    >film ever as after STAR 80 she flew off into that B & TV Movie Twilight
    >Zone!

    Exactly! This was Mariel's high point. Still, well-remembered films
    do seem to eventually appear on DVD, two that come to mind are
    "Mischief" and "Vanishing Point" which were both quite collectible
    laserdiscs before their final releases on DVd. There are at leat five
    other "non-classic" films like "Personal Best" from the 70s and 80s
    I'd like to see on DVD, some of which were never on Laser either.

    ... Steve ..

    Steve(JazzHunter), Feb 3, 2006
  4. Steve(JazzHunter)

    Guest

    Steve(JazzHunter) wrote:
    > On 2 Feb 2006 13:26:17 -0800, wrote:
    >

    > >Steve(JazzHunter) wrote:
    > >> The Geffen-Warner film "Personal Best" was pretty decent, and a
    > >> trendsetter in its way. It was released on VHS and Laser .. Have
    > >> there been any rumblings at all about a DVD release?
    > >>
    > >> .. Steve ..

    > >Been looking forward to owning that one myself,in fact it seems that I
    > >have been waiting forever and a day for it to come out on dvd!
    > >Frankly seeing as it has already been out on tape and on laser I cannot
    > >understand why it has not been put out on DVD long ago,especially so as
    > >(IMHO) it was Mariels best movie to date,and more than likely her best
    > >film ever as after STAR 80 she flew off into that B & TV Movie Twilight
    > >Zone!

    > Exactly! This was Mariel's high point. Still, well-remembered films
    > do seem to eventually appear on DVD, two that come to mind are
    > "Mischief" and "Vanishing Point" which were both quite collectible
    > laserdiscs before their final releases on DVd. There are at leat five
    > other "non-classic" films like "Personal Best" from the 70s and 80s
    > I'd like to see on DVD, some of which were never on Laser either.
    >
    > .. Steve ..

    The Vanishing Point DVD was the one that I really looked forward too
    the most before it was released,and when it came out I snapped it up
    PDQ!
    Especially so after I learned that it included both the US and the UK
    versions of the film that (in the UK version) had the deleted scene
    with Charlotte Rampling in it, which IMHO made the ending ten times
    better!
    As a matter of fact one of my top ten Non-classic Classics that I had
    been looking out for like Personal Best that I have just recently
    picked up, was a mid 70's Jodie Foster film called "Little Girl Who
    Live Down the Lane" which was a favorite I had not seen on cable TV for
    years and years.
    BTW within weeks of getting it guess what? It showed up on FLIX
    (Showtime)!

    , Feb 4, 2006