persistent unwanted double-clicking

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by rabbit, Jan 2, 2006.

  1. rabbit

    rabbit Guest

    I posted here (http://snipurl.com/l87l) a few weeks ago on this issue and
    haven't found a solution yet. I'm beginning to think about chucking the
    mouse, but it's only a few months old and I like it, so I'm hoping it's
    either a software or an OS issue that can be resolved. I don't see anything
    on the manufacturer's website (http://www.dexin.com.tw/mp24.htm) about
    software, and it didn't come with an installation disc.

    It's Dexin MP-24 with a USB connection running on Win-XP, on a a fairly new
    Gateway laptop with 1GB of RAM.

    It seems that when I click down it functions, and then repeats the same
    function (whatever I was clicking) on the reuptake as well. This results in
    double-pasting and a host of other unwanted effects, depending on what
    program I'm using.

    I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver in Device Manager;
    experimented with all the settings available via the Mouse icon in the
    Control Panel; updated and run Norton AV and Ad-Aware; and searched google,
    all to no avail.

    Other than this one bad habit that it has, it's a nice mouse. I like its
    size and portability and would prefer not to give up on it. Any suggestions
    would be appreciated.

    Many thanks to anyone who can assist.

    rabbit, Jan 2, 2006

  2. rabbit

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Go get another mouse maybe a different one too that works they way you want
    it to do.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jan 2, 2006

  3. On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 20:24:05 +0000, rabbit wrote:

    > Many thanks to anyone who can assist.

    The switch in the mouse is !poonie. Buy a new mouse.

    Gary G. Taylor, Jan 2, 2006
  4. rabbit

    PC Guest

    "rabbit" <> wrote in message
    >I posted here (http://snipurl.com/l87l) a few weeks ago on this issue and
    > haven't found a solution yet. I'm beginning to think about chucking the
    > mouse, but it's only a few months old and I like it, so I'm hoping it's
    > either a software or an OS issue that can be resolved. I don't see
    > anything
    > on the manufacturer's website (http://www.dexin.com.tw/mp24.htm) about
    > software, and it didn't come with an installation disc.
    >
    > It's Dexin MP-24 with a USB connection running on Win-XP, on a a fairly
    > new
    > Gateway laptop with 1GB of RAM.
    >
    > It seems that when I click down it functions, and then repeats the same
    > function (whatever I was clicking) on the reuptake as well. This results
    > in
    > double-pasting and a host of other unwanted effects, depending on what
    > program I'm using.
    >
    > I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver in Device Manager;
    > experimented with all the settings available via the Mouse icon in the
    > Control Panel; updated and run Norton AV and Ad-Aware; and searched
    > google,
    > all to no avail.
    >
    > Other than this one bad habit that it has, it's a nice mouse. I like its
    > size and portability and would prefer not to give up on it. Any
    > suggestions
    > would be appreciated.
    >
    > Many thanks to anyone who can assist.

    Rabbit

    Sounds like switch bounce to me, ie a hardware problem.
    Could be a faulty switch, could be a faulty R/C component value.
    If it does it on another PC I'd return for replacement.

    Cheers
    Paul.

    PC, Jan 2, 2006