Persistent problem - Missing Program Files

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jim Beaver, Apr 10, 2006.

  1. Jim Beaver

    Jim Beaver Guest

    I run Norton SystemWorks automatically every week. Every week it tells me
    to run Norton WinDoctor because of a Program Integrity Scan problem. Every
    week I run WinDoctor and get the message that 10 problems cannot be
    repaired. The problems are all in the same basic area:
    C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.5072\ (with various .exe files
    completing the address). The problem listed for every one of these 10 is
    "cannot find msvcr80.dll."

    I never had this problem until several weeks ago when I downloaded a Windows
    XP update. Among the things in that update was an update for network files.
    I'm not on a network. It's just me and my desktop and nobody else. I
    casually (a little too casually?) downloaded everything the Microsoft site
    said was available, without paying much attention to whether I had what the
    download was supposed to improve. Could this be the problem?

    My computer runs fine. The only problem is this persistent information that
    I have some sort of problem which WinDoctor can't fix.

    Jim Beaver

    Jim Beaver, Apr 10, 2006

  2. Jim Beaver

    Mara Guest

    http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcr80

    --
    Two minutes is, to me, 2 minutes too many. Trolls thrive on
    attention... starve them, and they die pathetic, lonely little deaths.

    Mara, Apr 10, 2006

  3. Jim Beaver

    ellis_jay Guest

    Mara wrote:
    > On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 02:21:23 GMT, "Jim Beaver"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcr80
    >

    >> My computer runs fine. The only problem is this persistent
    >> information that I have some sort of problem which WinDoctor can't
    >> fix.
    >>
    >> Jim Beaver

    Thanx for the dot com site , Mara. I may have it in favorites somewhere but
    I saved the link anywhooz.

    ___Sador the carpenter to Turin
    Tolkien, The Unfinished Tales

    Ellis_Jay

    ellis_jay, Apr 10, 2006
  4. Jim Beaver

    old man Guest

    Its not unusual for windoctor give such a list, why, I've no idea, but it
    doesnt neccessarily mean anything is wrong.

    old man, Apr 11, 2006
  5. Jim Beaver

    Jim Beaver Guest

    "Mara" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 02:21:23 GMT, "Jim Beaver" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I run Norton SystemWorks automatically every week. Every week it tells me
    >>to run Norton WinDoctor because of a Program Integrity Scan problem.
    >>Every
    >>week I run WinDoctor and get the message that 10 problems cannot be
    >>repaired. The problems are all in the same basic area:
    >>C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.5072\ (with various .exe files
    >>completing the address). The problem listed for every one of these 10 is
    >>"cannot find msvcr80.dll."
    >>
    >>I never had this problem until several weeks ago when I downloaded a
    >>Windows
    >>XP update. Among the things in that update was an update for network
    >>files.
    >>I'm not on a network. It's just me and my desktop and nobody else. I
    >>casually (a little too casually?) downloaded everything the Microsoft site
    >>said was available, without paying much attention to whether I had what
    >>the
    >>download was supposed to improve. Could this be the problem?

    > http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcr80

    That fixed it. Thanks.

    Jim Beaver

    Jim Beaver, Apr 11, 2006