Persistent Loop?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by christian koch, Sep 27, 2006.

  1. i,

    I am having an issue which looks like a persistent loop.

    Check below for how this is setup

    Router A has 2 serial interfaces which are 2 T1's which are load
    sharing per packet Router B has 2 serial interfaces which the 2 T1's
    connect to and are load sharing per packet

    On Router A there is a default route out each interface

    ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Serial0/0
    ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Serial0/1

    When performing traceroute from router a I receive this

    #trace 145.97.39.155

    Type escape sequence to abort.
    Tracing the route to rr.knams.wikimedia.org (145.97.39.155)

    1 X.X.X.89 72 msec
    X.X.X.93 36 msec
    X.X.X.89 4 msec
    2 X.X.X.89 !N
    X.X.X.93 !N *
    #trace 155.94.60.236

    Type escape sequence to abort.
    Tracing the route to imail-gv6.wyeth.com (155.94.60.236)

    1 X.X.X.89 12 msec 8 msec
    X.X.X.93 8 msec
    2 X.X.X.89 !N *
    X.X.X.93 !N

    When tracing from Router B and sourching thr IP address that connects
    to the other serial on Router A, I can get through..

    Anyone have any ideas???

    I have been looking into this with a colleague for over 3hours..have
    tried everything, have not seen anything that doesn't really look
    right..

    Thanks!
    christian koch, Sep 27, 2006

  2. christian koch

    Doan Guest

    On 27 Sep 2006, christian koch wrote:

    > i,
    >
    > I am having an issue which looks like a persistent loop.
    >
    > Check below for how this is setup
    >
    > Router A has 2 serial interfaces which are 2 T1's which are load
    > sharing per packet Router B has 2 serial interfaces which the 2 T1's
    > connect to and are load sharing per packet
    >
    > On Router A there is a default route out each interface
    >
    > ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Serial0/0
    > ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Serial0/1
    >
    > When performing traceroute from router a I receive this
    >
    > #trace 145.97.39.155
    >
    > Type escape sequence to abort.
    > Tracing the route to rr.knams.wikimedia.org (145.97.39.155)
    >
    > 1 X.X.X.89 72 msec
    > X.X.X.93 36 msec
    > X.X.X.89 4 msec
    > 2 X.X.X.89 !N
    > X.X.X.93 !N *
    > #trace 155.94.60.236
    >
    > Type escape sequence to abort.
    > Tracing the route to imail-gv6.wyeth.com (155.94.60.236)
    >
    > 1 X.X.X.89 12 msec 8 msec
    > X.X.X.93 8 msec
    > 2 X.X.X.89 !N *
    > X.X.X.93 !N
    >

    > When tracing from Router B and sourching thr IP address that connects
    > to the other serial on Router A, I can get through..
    >

    > Anyone have any ideas???
    >
    > I have been looking into this with a colleague for over 3hours..have
    > tried everything, have not seen anything that doesn't really look
    > right..
    >
    > Thanks!

    Can you do a "show ip route" on both routers?

    Doan
    Doan, Sep 27, 2006