permissions

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by yantan, Aug 5, 2004.

  1. yantan

    yantan Guest

    Would any body please let me know how to set hardware &
    software permissions for different users.

    suppose i have to users( limited users) A & B. i am the
    administrator and want to restrict the access of cd rom ,
    dvd rom, printer, dial up network connections for user A
    and for user B i wish him not be able to see or have
    access to the stat menu. istead i will place icons of
    different softwares on his desktop.

    Please let me know how can i restruct there access to
    other 3rd party softwares like norton antivirus, fl
    studio, or any other softwares.

    is there any way, i could make a special folder for both
    of them sepratelly. and after that they will not be able
    to make, create or use (access) any other folder except my
    own created " Special Folder for them". and can save every
    thing in this special folder

    Please note i am useing Microsoft Windows XP Profession
    Edition. i have single computer and all of my family
    member using it. i am very poor in using windows please
    discribe procedure in details. they are my teen borthers
    and sisters who are almost expert in computer. i donot
    understand from where they get such a difficult ways to
    use, explore windows. which passes above my head.

    Please do not mention of using third party softwares. as
    at preasent i am not in a position to buy one.

    Thanks

    yantan, Aug 5, 2004