    connected. How do I remove this icon permanently without disabling? I have
    been searching the web for this answer and seems no one has a solution. Can
    anyone help me?
    Help_needed, Oct 23, 2009

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SGVscF9uZWVkZWQ=?= <>
    wrote in news::

    > I don't want to see the wireless icon in System Tray when it is
    > not connected. How do I remove this icon permanently without
    > disabling? I have been searching the web for this answer and
    > seems no one has a solution. Can anyone help me?

    Right-click "start" then Properties -> "Taskbar" tab ->
    Make sure "Hide inactive icons" is checked, then click "Customize"
    Find the item you want to hide, click in "Behavior" column and select
    "Always hide"

    HTH,
    John
    John Wunderlich, Oct 23, 2009

  3. Hi
    There are different ways to deal with it in different in OS'. Which one
    you have?
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Oct 23, 2009
  4. Help_needed

    Help_needed Guest

    Re: Permanently Hiding the "Wireless No Connection" Icon in System

    I have XP, I also tried below steps and it didn't work, the "Wireless No
    Connection" icon always end up coming back.

    Help_needed, Nov 2, 2009