    any direct experience of the Permajet papers and Permaflow ink device
    and ink?

    Nobody

    nobody nowhere, Aug 30, 2003

  2. nobody nowhere

    Rafe B. Guest

    On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 21:23:04 +0100, nobody nowhere
    <> wrote:

    >There is a UK company
    >www.permajet.com
    >which sells paper that can be used with an Epson 1280/1290 (no, I am
    >connected to them in any way). I have tried their papers, which are at
    >least as good as Epson paper, if not better (to me they seem better than
    >Epson, I am using an Epson 1290). But, the Permajet paper might not be
    >significantly cheaper than the Epson papers, although I have to wait
    >until Monday, when they are open, to find out more.
    >
    >They also sell a so-called Permaflow cartridge device, which can be used
    >with an Epson 1280/90: it consists of a chipped cartridge, and plastic
    >tubes coming out of it and going into ink bottles. One then replaces the
    >ink as it runs out. Again, I have no idea what this costs, but the
    >company says that it is vastly cheaper than using Epson original
    >cartridges, with no loss in quality, but I have not tried this device
    >myself. If you are like me, and do mostly 19 x 13, you can imagine that
    >anything which can save on ink is more than welcome. Has anybody had
    >any direct experience of the Permajet papers and Permaflow ink device
    >and ink?
    >
    >Nobody

    There are several companies making CFS and CIS ink
    systems for Epson (and Canon) printers, including some
    of the "chipped" Epsons as well. Try mediastreet.com
    and WeInk.com for starters.

    No question about it, the cost of printing goes way down
    when you use one of these.

    I'm currently using a WeInk CFS on a Canon 9000, with
    inks from Mediastreet.com.

    rafe b.
    http://www.terrapinphoto.com

    Rafe B., Aug 31, 2003