Periodically losing TCP connection through wireless adapter

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by dan@sumption.org, Sep 19, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I have a problem with one of my machines (using a Belkin pre-N network
    card) - after about 30 minutes online, it loses its connection to the
    network.

    The machine does not seem to lose connection to the wireless router: it
    always shows a good connection, and doesn't seem aware that it's
    dropped off the network. However, if I try any kind of network
    operations, even just pinging the router, I get no response at all.

    If I select "Radio off" on the Belkin wireless client utility, and then
    "Radio on" straight afterwards, it reconnects to the network instantly.

    I thought it might be something to do with a conflict with Windows
    wireless networking, but I have disabled Windows Zero Configuration and
    the problem still occurs exactly as before.

    I have a number of other computers connecting to the same router, and
    none of them experience this problem.

    Any suggestions?

    , Sep 19, 2005

  2. netclectic

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    I've been having the exact same problem. I don't suppose you managed to find a solution?

    netclectic, Jul 6, 2006