Perils of object orientation

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jan 24, 2009.

  1. Why I hate inheritance:
    <http://www.intelligententerprise.com/000929/celko.jhtml>.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jan 24, 2009

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Chris Lim Guest

    On Jan 24, 4:21 pm, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <l...@geek-
    central.gen.new_zealand> wrote:
    > Why I hate inheritance:
    > <http://www.intelligententerprise.com/000929/celko.jhtml>.

    Because some programmers inherited a kangaroo class from an infantry
    class? Yeah, I hate it when that happens!

    Chris Lim, Jan 25, 2009

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    > Why I hate inheritance:
    > <http://www.intelligententerprise.com/000929/celko.jhtml>.

    Blah blah. Inheritance is powerful when used properly. Best practise
    favours composition over inheritance.

    Nik Coughlin, Jan 26, 2009
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Jack Spratt Guest

    > Why I hate inheritance:
    > <http://www.intelligententerprise.com/000929/celko.jhtml>.

    Perfectly good if used correctly.

    Joe Celko... "author of Instant SQL Programming (Wrox Press, 1997) "

    Once admitted to me that this was the worst book on the market and that he
    agreed to write it only because he was drunk when he signed up.

    --
    Jack Spratt

    Jack Spratt, Mar 7, 2009