Perhaps we need to become part of the EU.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Mutley, Mar 10, 2006.

  1. Mutley

    Mutley Guest

    Mutley, Mar 10, 2006

  2. "Mutley" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > People are always saying how well Ireland is doing compared to NZ.
    >
    > No wonder..
    >
    > "EU approves 170 mln euros in Irish state aid for broadband access"
    >
    > http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=sto...0309/tc_afp/euirelandtelecomsectorcompetition

    It isn't just broadband , they received a shitload of money for their
    roading infrastructure too - and , from my last trip there, they need it.
    news.xtra.co.nz, Mar 10, 2006

  3. Mutley

    RJ Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
    >

    > > It isn't just broadband , they received a shitload of money for their
    > > roading infrastructure too - and , from my last trip there, they need it.

    > Note however that the Irish Republic is virtually run from Redmond in the
    > USA. It was the Irish Republic that was trying to push unreasonable patent
    > laws through the EU at the behest of business interests.

    You are becoming more like a paranoid conspiracy theorist and less like
    a rational person every day.
    RJ, Mar 10, 2006
  4. Mutley

    Peter Guest

    Peter, Mar 10, 2006
  5. Mutley

    Peter Guest

    RJ wrote:

    >> Note however that the Irish Republic is virtually run from Redmond in the
    >> USA. It was the Irish Republic that was trying to push unreasonable
    >> patent laws through the EU at the behest of business interests.

    > You are becoming more like a paranoid conspiracy theorist and less like
    > a rational person every day.

    Partly agree - first sentence is paranoia, second sentence is fact.
    Peter, Mar 10, 2006
  6. Mutley

    Steven H Guest

    Hello Mutley,

    yea sure, and we get the pleasure of living within a token democracy.

    ----------------
    Steven H

    the madGeek

    Steven H, Mar 12, 2006
  7. Mutley

    JohnO Guest

    JohnO, Mar 12, 2006
  8. Mutley wrote:
    > People are always saying how well Ireland is doing compared to NZ.
    >
    > No wonder..
    >
    > "EU approves 170 mln euros in Irish state aid for broadband access"
    >
    > http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=sto...0309/tc_afp/euirelandtelecomsectorcompetition

    Broadband in Ireland is worse than NZ, they have the same population as
    NZ, and are a quarter of the size but has a much smaller percentage of
    the population that has access to broadband. If you can get it you are
    so of ok, I pay around NZ$93 for 3Mb down/386K up with a 30GB cap
    (including phone rental)
    Jason Fanning, Mar 13, 2006