    Event ID: 3012
    Date: 26-5-2007
    Time: 17:46:56
    User: N/A
    Computer: CP1098857-A
    The performance strings in the Performance registry value is corrupted when
    process Performance extension counter provider. BaseIndex value from
    Performance registry is the first DWORD in Data section, LastCounter value
    is the second DWORD in Data section, and LastHelp value is the third DWORD
    in Data section.

    Data:
    0000: 37 07 00 00 00 00 00 00 7.......
    0008: 00 00 00 00 09 03 00 00 ........

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: LoadPerf
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 3011
    Date: 26-5-2007
    Time: 17:46:56
    User: N/A
    Computer: CP1098857-A
    Unloading the performance counter strings for service WmiApRpl (WmiApRpl)
    failed. The Error code is the first DWORD in Data section.

    Data:
    0000: f2 03 00 00 6e 05 00 00 ò...n...

    I have changed the "The performance and alerts service" thingy from
    automatic to manual...

    Maybe that causing problems.

    Also what's this about ? registry key corruption ?

    Maybe delete the key or so ?

    Hmmm, could be related to the supression thingy... seems this performance
    thingy is measuring a lot or so creating the surpression thingy.

    Bye,
    Skybuck.
    Skybuck Flying, May 27, 2007

  2. Actually these errors are from yesterday,

    Now error messages today so far...

    Bye,
    Skybuck.
    Skybuck Flying, May 27, 2007

  3. A suggestion: Please say at the beginning of your posts what operating
    system thingy you are running, etc.

    Colin Barnhorst, May 27, 2007
  4. This newsgroup is about Windows XP x64 (pro) only ? or other operating
    systems as well ?

    Vista has it's own newsgroups it seems....

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, May 28, 2007
  5. Skybuck Flying

    XS11E Guest

    "Skybuck Flying" <> wrote:

    > This newsgroup is about Windows XP x64 (pro) only ? or other
    > operating systems as well ?

    It's expanded to cover Vista 64 as well.

    XS11E, May 28, 2007
  6. If you look at the name of the newsgroup, "windows.64bit.general", you will
    not find "xp" specified.

    It supports 64bit computing in Windows. That includes Windows XP Pro x64,
    Windows Server 2003 x64, the Itanium versions of both, Vista Home Basic x64,
    Vista Home Premium x64, Vista Business x64, Vista Ultimate x64, Windows
    Server 2008 beta x64, and so forth.

    That's why it is helpful if you just tell us.

    > This newsgroup is about Windows XP x64 (pro) only ? or other operating
    > systems as well ?
    >
    > Vista has it's own newsgroups it seems....
    >
    > Bye,
    > Skybuck.
    >
    > "Colin Barnhorst" <> wrote in message
    >>A suggestion: Please say at the beginning of your posts what operating
    >>system thingy you are running, etc.
    >>
    >> "Skybuck Flying" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> Two errors in applications log:
    >>>
    >>> Event Type: Error
    >>> Event Source: LoadPerf
    >>> Event Category: None
    >>> Event ID: 3012
    >>> Date: 26-5-2007
    >>> Time: 17:46:56
    >>> User: N/A
    >>> Computer: CP1098857-A
    >>> The performance strings in the Performance registry value is corrupted
    >>> when process Performance extension counter provider. BaseIndex value
    >>> from Performance registry is the first DWORD in Data section,
    >>> LastCounter value is the second DWORD in Data section, and LastHelp
    >>> value is the third DWORD in Data section.
    >>>
    >>> For more information, see Help and Support Center at
    >>> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    >>> Data:
    >>> 0000: 37 07 00 00 00 00 00 00 7.......
    >>> 0008: 00 00 00 00 09 03 00 00 ........
    >>>

    >>> Event Type: Error
    >>> Event Source: LoadPerf
    >>> Event Category: None
    >>> Event ID: 3011
    >>> Date: 26-5-2007
    >>> Time: 17:46:56
    >>> User: N/A
    >>> Computer: CP1098857-A
    >>> Unloading the performance counter strings for service WmiApRpl
    >>> (WmiApRpl) failed. The Error code is the first DWORD in Data section.
    >>>
    >>> For more information, see Help and Support Center at
    >>> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    >>> Data:

    Colin Barnhorst, May 29, 2007