    Is there an article that references this for x64? Any proceedures would be
    appreciated.

    One more thing I am writing this in x64 because it replicates on all my os's
    =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmU=?=, Oct 13, 2005

  2. Well, that article was just released yesterday. I am sure Microsoft would do
    the thorough testing on both platforms to make sure of that. So the answer
    would be no, Windows XP x64 would not be affected by this, it would be one
    of the listed editions of the operating systems at the bottom of the page.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Oct 13, 2005

  3. The voltage irregularity occurs on x64 no different than x86. Furthermore,
    "performance loss" is an interesting way to describe random freeze and/or
    BSOD due to voltage irregularity! ;) Your benchmarks will score higher since
    you were able to complete them!

    Turning off bios settings such as C1,C2,SpeedStep and anything that allows
    unmanaged reduction in power seems to be the quick fix. The article is a
    workaround if your main concern is power management over performance(?).

    I wasnt really looking for a solution i suppose and was looking for how many
    people noticed the "performace loss". At default clock speeds the
    irregularity is still under critical shutdown and you are left with mostly
    response delays from user intervention such as common mouse-clicks hanging
    for moments and then continuing.

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmU=?=, Oct 14, 2005