  1. Does anyone know if performance counters installed by 32 bit apps are
    supposed to show up in 2003 x64? More specifically has anyone gotten sql
    2000 performance counters to show up in x64?
    =?Utf-8?B?QnJlbnQgTWlsbHM=?=, Jul 1, 2005

  2. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 1, 2005

  3. Thanks, I've already read most of the posts there. I'm just to the point
    where I'm wondering if x64 supports performance counters from any 32 bit app
    at all.

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJlbnQgTWlsbHM=?=, Jul 1, 2005
  4. Probably Joseph, Mike or Charlie can give you pointers, its just that I
    don't think a lot of persons are running SQL Server on x64 although persons
    in this same group have reported running SQL on x64.
    --
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 1, 2005
  5. It should work. Sometimes you have to add /usepmtimer to your boot.ini so
    the counters work correctly, especially if you use Cool&Quiet/SpeedStep.
    --
    Ricardo Costa

    Ricardo Costa, Jul 1, 2005
  6. Heh, well I feel stupid. I apparently missed this in the event log...

    Windows cannot open the 32-bit extensible counter DLL MSSQLSERVER in a
    64-bit environment. Contact the file vendor to obtain a 64-bit version.
    Alternatively, you can open the 32-bit extensible counter DLL by using the
    32-bit version of Performance Monitor. To use this tool, open the Windows
    folder, open the Syswow64 folder, and then start Perfmon.exe.

    Thanks for your advice though!

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJlbnQgTWlsbHM=?=, Jul 1, 2005
  7. Brent -- Since SQL Server is still 32-bit software (that will change whenever
    they finally ship the new version), it needs to interact with 32-bit perfmon.
    In x64 Edition, we often have both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of programs
    such as perfmon (and Internet Explorer, and even Windows Explorer. This is an
    enabling or "bridge" environment at this point, but it does help as the world
    moves to 64bit. Something that won't happen overnight.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 2, 2005
  8. I was just going to say, I thought Microsoft released a 64 bit version of
    SQL, but I just remembered that was for Itanium.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 2, 2005