    the stuff mentioned in the KB article..

    I can connect to x32 from the x64, though...

    Any ideas?
    =?Utf-8?B?U3JpcmFt?=, Aug 15, 2006

  2. Hello Sriram,

    When you are doing a Remote Perfman the service communicates with the
    Remote Registry service on the target x64 system. The Remote Registry
    service that is loaded is the 64-bit version Since it's the 64-bit version
    it looks to the 64-bit registry structure, causing the x64 system to send
    back the 64-bit counter information even if the remote
    system is a 32-bit OS.
    So you don't see any data on the 32-bit system.

    You can workaround this on the x64 system by change the registy value, in
    the
    below registry key, from "%SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k regsvc" to
    "%SystemRoot%\SysWow64\svchost.exe -k regsvc"

    Registry Key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RemoteRegistry

    Under the Parameters sub-key, change the ServiceDll value from
    "%SystemRoot%\System32\regsvc.dll" to "%SystemRoot%\SysWow64\regsvc.dll"
    and then
    stop and restart the Remote Registry service on the 64-bit system.
    This will load the 32-bit version of the Remote Registry service, which
    looks to the 32-bit registry structure, causing
    the x64 system to send back the 32-bit counter information to the remote
    system.

    Thanks
    Darrell
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Aug 16, 2006

  3. I do not even see even the 64-bit counters on the x32

    (i want to track both 64-bit and 32 bit counters from a remote x32 client
    machine)

    The workaround below seems to expose only the 32-bit counters to the client
    on x32 machine.

    Well, is this a limitation as of now, then?

    An alternative woudl be using WMI to connect to x64 to get info on 32 and/or
    64 bit counters. I havent tried this alternative yet, so dont know if it
    works..

    Thanks
    Sriram

    =?Utf-8?B?U3JpcmFt?=, Aug 16, 2006
  4. Hello,
    From what I know, you will not be able to load the 64-bit counters from a
    32-bit system. You would have to load a 64-bit registry editor on the
    remote machine which cannot be done on the 32-bit machine.
    Sorry I don't know WMI.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    <From: =?Utf-8?B?U3JpcmFt?= <>
    <Subject: RE: Perform - cannot connect to x64 from x32.
    <Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 07:27:01 -0700
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <
    <I do not even see even the 64-bit counters on the x32
    <
    <(i want to track both 64-bit and 32 bit counters from a remote x32 client
    <machine)
    <
    <The workaround below seems to expose only the 32-bit counters to the
    client
    <on x32 machine.
    <
    <Well, is this a limitation as of now, then?
    <
    <An alternative woudl be using WMI to connect to x64 to get info on 32
    and/or
    <64 bit counters. I havent tried this alternative yet, so dont know if it
    <works..
    <
    <Thanks
    <Sriram