    time I canceled the installation. I ran it again, got the same message,
    but this time select the "debug" option. Suprisingly the install then
    finished.

    Rick, Dec 6, 2005

  2. Installed clean and without issues on my Ferrari. I've been waiting for this
    for a while and am really glad to have it. PD is an excellent product.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 6, 2005

  3. Rick

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Barb Bowman, Dec 6, 2005
  4. I've been running it for several days now, and it's nice to have it back on
    my machines. Keeps that vr0000000mm happening at full speed. ;)

    Blogged it, btw. Good software deserves a plug.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 6, 2005
  5. 30 day trialware is available at http://www.majorgeeks.com/download268.html

    Dominic Payer, Dec 6, 2005
  6. I'm downloading it now, based on these enthusiastic recommendations. I used
    to do Diskkeeper, but gave it up around v8. It crashed too often and seemed
    too busy. I've been using DIRMS for the past coupla years. I like its
    barebones command line environment, and it works faster than anything else
    I've used... and it's free.

    Dennis Gordon, Dec 7, 2005
  7. Just make sure it's Build 46. The older ones don't work.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 7, 2005
  8. I've used it on my servers for years, running happily away in the background
    spiffing stuff up every couple of nights. Even use it to do Exchange defrags
    weekly. That can be a bit resource intensive on an SBS server.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 7, 2005
  9. Yep, it's build 46. It seems to be doing okay, but like Diskkeeper it's
    taking about 8 times as long as DIRMS to do its thing. Presumably that's
    because of it's advanced optimization features; but it's been 20 minutes to
    get 21% though an optimization of an 18G SCSI disk that I've regularly
    defragged before. I guess it's just doing a more thorough job than DIRMS.

    Dennis Gordon, Dec 7, 2005
  10. The first time through, it will take a while. Because of the way PD works,
    it not only defrags, but optimizes where files are located on the disk,
    based on how frequently they're modified. That first time through can be a
    bit painful

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 7, 2005
  11. O&O Defrag v8.0 also works fine under x64, and costs only about $50.

    This is my preferred defragmenter under x64 :)

    Jean-Baptiste Faure, Dec 7, 2005
  12. Sorry, this is still a beta version, but a very *stable* beta, that can be
    downloaded here :

    http://www.oo-software.com/cgi-bin/download/download.pl?lang=en&product=OOD8PRO64

    "Jean-Baptiste Faure" <> wrote in
    message news:ubd7$qw%...

    Jean-Baptiste Faure, Dec 7, 2005
  13. Unfortunately, I keep losing the GUI. The processes start and continue to
    run but nothing appears on the screen except the initial splash screen.
    This has been going on for a month. I tried it, it worked a couple of
    times, then I paid the $50 and ordered the cd. Then it started going south.
    Several reinstalls have not helped. I cannot agree that it works fine from
    my experience with it. O&O has not responded.

    "Jean-Baptiste Faure" <> wrote in
    message news:OLHnYtw%...

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 7, 2005
  14. Unfortunalely, almost the same thing happens to me with PerfectDisk 7.0
    under x64 ! Very strange. Seems that defragmenters are very sensitive to
    various system parameters.

    Jean-Baptiste Faure, Dec 7, 2005
  15. I am not seeing this with Diskeeper 10 Pro Premier (build 593) so far, but I
    have only been running it for one day. Maybe this one will be fully XP64
    friendly.

    It is hard sometimes to see past the cheerleading that goes on for the
    various defraggers, burners, and AV programs. Objective reports like yours
    are very helpful.

    "Jean-Baptiste Faure" <> wrote in
    message news:%23ElYlR0%...

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 7, 2005