PERFECT BOKEH WITH THE D60 !!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Annika1980, Sep 16, 2003.

  1. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Sep 16, 2003

  2. Gary Eickmeier, Sep 16, 2003

  3. Annika1980

    Gavin Cato Guest

    Pity it's not up to the standards of the nikon 70-200.

    And your standard of woeful shots continues to plummet.

    Gavin Cato, Sep 16, 2003
  4. Annika1980 () writes:
    >>From: "Gary Eickmeier"

    >>http://members.aol.com/annika1980/bokeh.jpg
    >>>

    >>A D60? What's a D60? Is that one of the old Canons?

    > Yes, a camera so great they sold every one they made. Can any other camera
    > model make this claim?

    The Pentax K1000, 7,000,000+ made, still in high demand 6 years after it
    was discontinued. Gee the D60 is discontinued, and like it's sister the
    D30 in a year NOBODY will want one.

    Darrell A. Larose, Sep 16, 2003
  5. Annika1980

    Mark B. Guest

    "Darrell A. Larose" <> wrote in message
    > Annika1980 () writes:
    > >>From: "Gary Eickmeier"

    > >>http://members.aol.com/annika1980/bokeh.jpg
    > >>>

    > >>A D60? What's a D60? Is that one of the old Canons?

    > > Yes, a camera so great they sold every one they made. Can any other

    camera
    > > model make this claim?
    > >

    > The Pentax K1000, 7,000,000+ made, still in high demand 6 years after it
    > was discontinued. Gee the D60 is discontinued, and like it's sister the
    > D30 in a year NOBODY will want one.

    Who cares if nobody else wants it? I can still make wonderful images with
    my D30, despite it being 3 generations old. It didn't break down the day
    the D60 or 10D came out.

    Mark

    Mark B., Sep 16, 2003
  6. Annika1980

    EF in FL Guest

    > A D60? What's a D60? Is that one of the old Canons?
    >
    > Gary Eickmeier

    The heck with that. What's a bokeh???

    EF

    EF in FL, Sep 16, 2003
  7. Annika1980

    Rafe B. Guest

    On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:54:04 GMT, "EF in FL"
    <> wrote:

    >> A D60? What's a D60? Is that one of the old Canons?
    >>
    >> Gary Eickmeier
    >>

    >The heck with that. What's a bokeh???

    Something discussed by people with too much free time.

    rafe b.
    http://www.terrapinphoto.com

    Rafe B., Sep 16, 2003
  8. Annika1980

    Matt. Guest

    via a simple Google search:

    http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/bokeh.htm

    And based on the definition provided, the artist is making one heck of a
    claim....

    cheers,
    Matt.

    Matt., Sep 16, 2003
  9. Annika1980

    Mark Hanson Guest

    > .... and the Super 70-200 f/2.8L of course!
    >
    > http://members.aol.com/annika1980/bokeh.jpg

    Not bad, actually. How many blades does the 70-200's iris have?

    And while I'm here...nice hair. Very popular with junior high school kids in
    the 70s. And I oughta know.

    Mark

    Mark Hanson, Sep 16, 2003
  10. Annika1980

    Spam Blocked Guest

    "Mark Hanson" <> wrote in message
    > "Annika1980" <> wrote in message
    > > .... and the Super 70-200 f/2.8L of course!
    > >
    > > http://members.aol.com/annika1980/bokeh.jpg

    > Not bad, actually. How many blades does the 70-200's iris have?
    >
    > And while I'm here...nice hair. Very popular with junior high school kids

    in
    > the 70s. And I oughta know.

    The lens was probably used wide-open as what is the point of fast glass if
    you stop them down to f:8 wide open all lenses have a nice round
    out-of-focus highlights "Bokeh"

    1

    Spam Blocked, Sep 16, 2003
  11. Annika1980

    Sexy Susan Guest

    It is not possible to obtain true bokeh from a digital camera. You stupid asshole.

    Sexy Susan, Sep 16, 2003
  12. Annika1980

    Chris Carlen Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:
    > .... and the Super 70-200 f/2.8L of course!
    >
    > http://members.aol.com/annika1980/bokeh.jpg

    It has a soft outer edge, but can hardly be called a gaussian
    distribution, thus isn't quite perfect.

    Nice, however.

    Christopher R. Carlen
    Principal Laser/Optical Technologist
    Sandia National Laboratories CA USA
    -- NOTE: Remove "BOGUS" from email address to reply.

    Chris Carlen, Sep 16, 2003
  13. Annika1980

    Bryce Guest

    he's taking pictures of children in church now?

    This can't be good.

    Bryce, Sep 16, 2003
  14. Annika1980

    George Kerby Guest

    On 9/16/03 11:35 AM, in article QZG9b.137$, "Bryce"
    <> wrote:

    > he's taking pictures of children in church now?
    >
    > This can't be good.

    ;-)
    I think it is most likely a band member daring to invoke a religious moment
    called "prayer" (<- soon to be banned because the ACLU deemed it to be
    'racist' and 'hateful') at a high school football game, not in a "religious
    institution" as you describe.

    George Kerby, Sep 16, 2003
  15. Annika1980

    Ken Alverson Guest

    "George Kerby" <> wrote in message

    > I think it is most likely a band member daring to invoke a religious moment
    > called "prayer" (<- soon to be banned because the ACLU deemed it to be
    > 'racist' and 'hateful') at a high school football game, not in a "religious
    > institution" as you describe.

    Actually, it looks to me like he's playing the Xylophone.

    Ken

    Ken Alverson, Sep 16, 2003
  16. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: "Bryce"

    >http://members.aol.com/annika1980/bokeh.jpg

    >he's taking pictures of children in church now?
    >
    >This can't be good.

    I was waiting for the Catholic references to start. In fact, I almost titled
    the post, "CATHOLIC PRIESTS LOVE THE D60!!!"

    Annika1980, Sep 16, 2003
  17. Annika1980

    BUNTOVNIK Guest

    > .... and the Super 70-200 f/2.8L of course!
    >
    > http://members.aol.com/annika1980/bokeh.jpg

    That can hardly be called perfect bokeh. In fact, I don't think this is
    really bokeh, at least not the one that can be used to prove perfection or
    misperfection of any lens/camera. If you want to make a point about bokeh,
    go outside on a sunny day and shoot with lots of light strays in the
    background, with branches shading the sky or something like that. Then, when
    you get an image with hundreds of bokeh spots maybe you cold prove
    something. One half-shaded light spot placed in the middle of the shot is
    far from bokeh shot.

    --
    ----------------------
    online photo portfolio

    BUNTOVNIK, Sep 17, 2003
  18. I never heard the term BOKEH before. It is not in my dictionary.
    Is it slang or ethnic, or colloquial? What does it mean?
    Bob Williams

    Robert E. Williams, Sep 17, 2003
  19. Thanks for the heads-up on bokeh.
    I have seen it and gotten it myself many times, but I hever knew it had a name.
    I'll have to pull that on some of my camera buddies and see if they ever heard
    the term.
    I even looked in my Encyclopedia of Photography and it was not listed.
    Bob Williams

    Robert E. Williams, Sep 17, 2003
  20. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >From: "Robert E. Williams"

    >I never heard the term BOKEH before. It is not in my dictionary.
    >Is it slang or ethnic, or colloquial? What does it mean?

    Simply put, it is the quality of the out of focus areas of an image.

    Annika1980, Sep 17, 2003