    I'm not sure if these posts are meant to be idiotic, or these people
    actually need these questions answered. If you ask any question from above,
    or anything remotely close, YOU ARE NOT READY FOR THE EXAM.

    TheGrudge, Dec 11, 2003

  2. TheGrudge

    jqpdev Guest

    Relax...

    Isn't there a faq for questions of this sort? If there is please post the
    faq URL.

    "TheGrudge" <> wrote in message
    > I hate to be the bad guy here, but I'm starting to see a trend on this
    > board. It is full of questions that are just insane.
    >
    > Q.) Where can I get the transcenders????
    > A.) Ummm... how about http://www.transcender.com
    >
    > Q.) Are the questions on my practice test exactly what is on the exam?
    > A.) I hope not!
    >
    > Q.) Why are the questions on transcender so hard? Are they really that

    hard

    jqpdev, Dec 12, 2003

  3. TheGrudge

    vivek Guest

    As for the last question
    Q.) Why are the questions on transcender so hard? Are they really that hard
    on the test? Do you think I'm ready if I didn't pass the transcender?
    A.) You are an idiot....I'm not even going to answer that.

    Transcender could be like preplogic ...a shitty software .......so the
    questions

    vivek, Dec 12, 2003
  4. I admit i agree with this.
    you do not learn to be a good programmer by just memorizing the answers to a
    thousand questions. be they legal or leaked questions.

    the MCAD certification is supposed to be a measure of programming quality.

    You learn from one learning kit or another, write programs, and make sure
    you understand everything and
    know what you are doing.
    the only reason to use a self assessment test is to know if you have learned
    enough about the different topics (printing, web services...). you can do
    that for free at http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/assessment/

    those tests are not meant for you to include all exam questions that might
    be asked, so that you just have to memorize them.
    th goal should be to be a good programmer, not doing as little as possible
    to get a piece of paper.

    kind regards,
    Bruno.

    Bruno van Dooren, Dec 12, 2003
  5. TheGrudge

    jqpdev Guest

    I totally agree with your point Bruno. If you know the topics and you can
    *apply* your knowledge to specific situations, then you should be able to
    pass the exams without TestKing.

    jqpdev, Dec 14, 2003
  6. TheGrudge

    emg Guest

    Somewhere along the line, people got the idea that certs would generate job
    offers. And thus we have all these individuals trying to get into the
    industry by acquiring certs. Often, these are people who seem to have
    little or no prior experience or education in software development (hence
    the bad google skills, the limited understanding of software development
    tasks, etc.) The original intention of certifications was to "confirm"
    professionally-acquired skills, not provide an entry point for people with
    no other IT background.

    Of course, the software training industry (books, cds, in-person classes,
    etc.) is in large part to blame for this sad state of affairs. Outrageous
    claims of salary increases, numerous job offers, and various other
    assurances intended to justify the cost of their products have led many
    people astray. I try not to be too critical of people who have been sucked
    into this game - - they are just trying to find a better life. At least
    they're not asking me to help them move 10 million dollars out of Nigeria.

    I got my first MS cert back in 1998 and frankly, I never found it to be all
    that helpful in job-hunting but I did learn many valuable things in the
    process. I don't regret the time spent in study or the money spent on books
    and transcenders. I believe they helped me be a better developer. And I
    don't feel it's my place to tell anyone "Hey, you are so far from where you
    need to be you shouldn't even try!" But I do agree it is frustrating to see
    all these people who think all they have to do is spend a couple weeks
    cramming for a vendor exam to move into this field when I spent years
    preparing with a 4-year degree and a 2-year internship (A long, long time
    ago!) My solution? Just click on to the next entry and leave these people
    be. Eventually they'll figure out how to search a newsgroup or read the MS
    website. There's no point in berating them for their ignorance.

    emg, Dec 15, 2003
  7. TheGrudge

    TheGrudge Guest

    emg,
    I understand what you are saying. You put it more eloquently than I was
    able to. I'm in the same boat as you are. 2 yr tech degree, 4 yr BS degree,
    and 1 yr internship. I've been in the field for apx. 8 yrs. I guess my
    problem is that some of the questions are so far out there that it makes me
    doubt that some of these people have even developed an application. It is
    almost as if many of them are freshmen in college or highschool students
    that are just starting to learn how to code. I'm simply stating that if that
    is the level that you are at, these tests are not for you. A person with
    barely any experience studying for mcp tests is not going to get much out of
    it. More than likely they will memorize questions and attempt to pass.
    You're right...I should just ignore the questions and move on. I just hate
    to see someone waste their time on something that they are obviously not
    ready for.

    TheGrudge, Dec 15, 2003