    since day 1, did not do ANY studying and still passed, albeit VERY CLOSE to
    not. 70-271 score was 766 (I was asked 65 questions) 70-272 score was 781 (50
    questions) I completed them both in 1.5hours.

    Michael Gossett, May 5, 2007

  2. Michael Gossett

    John R Guest

    "Michael Gossett" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > What's the number of people that studied for this exam? I've been using XP
    > since day 1, did not do ANY studying and still passed, albeit VERY CLOSE
    > not. 70-271 score was 766 (I was asked 65 questions) 70-272 score was 781
    > (50
    > questions) I completed them both in 1.5hours.

    I would say, that counting you, at least one. You see, experience is the
    best teacher. You've been studying XP for some time now.

    Actually, I did not study for 272 and passed easily. I did buy the MS Press
    book for 271, but I leafed through it in 10 or 12 evenings and got over 900
    on that test. But, like you, or maybe unlike you, I have been desktop
    support for about 400 XP desktops for years, as well as a heavy "Office"
    user. I decided one day to go for the cert, and I had it completed 28 days
    later, and that was only because it took me about a week just to find out
    the procedure, and then find a testing place, and then get an appointment.

    If you look at the audience that MS recommends, or if you look at certs in
    general, they are supposed to be a confirmation of your existing skills,
    (thus the name, certification), not like a college degree which gives you
    wide and varied learning processes to draw upon.

    Congrats on acheiving the cert.

    John

    John R, May 5, 2007

  3. Michael Gossett

    Rowan Guest

    I too have been working with XP since day 1 and with all previous Microsoft
    OS's as well as CPM and now forgotten OS's and architechtures (28 years
    working on Computers) but I studied. I found that it was not only knowledge
    of the OS's and Apps but the way that knowledge was applied. I have found
    that there is a "Techway" if you will and the official Microsoft way and
    sometimes they are not the same. So I studied to make sure I understood the
    Microsoft way before taking the test

    Rowan, May 5, 2007